Impromptu Camping Trip

bippo
This post is 2600 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey bipp strange I know but I think your bike looks better with the luggage on, very nice i'm sure you'll get the most out of it (Iron butt) just be careful out there apparently you only have to mention you own a BMW and some people go f#cking mental  :P    

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You know what Tommy - I agree with you. When I first took the luggage off I thought its "back-end" looked really dated in comparison to the front with its fairing. The panniers help to hide all that and even the bike out.

But yeah I hope to get the most out of it with trips and you never know I may do another Iron Butt, if only to see how much more comfortable I'd be on this vs. a cramped naked bike!

I really want to head to Europe for the 1st time on a motorbike but as none of my friends ride it'll be something I do on my own and I'm oddly nervous about it!! But anyway my aim is to get some practice in this year and use this bike for that next year.

Ha ha! Yeah I'm clearly going to have to stick some gaffer tape on those ghastly badges...! Jesus...!

• Like 2

Europe its not something I'd contemplate on my own, its a pity you couldn't make it to Spain with me Drew this year, hey but maybe next time eh! :rolleyes:  

Personally I think my hesitation is because I'm getting older and more pathetic...!! I need the stop thinking about it and just do it, I think I'm turning it into a bigger thing than it is.

You two ride too fast for me...! I'm seriously like a little granny, ha ha! I'm sure you guys will have a great time and hope you have good weather! [emoji41]

1 minute ago, bippo said:

Personally I think my hesitation is because I'm getting older and more pathetic...!! I need the stop thinking about it and just do it, I think I'm turning it into a bigger thing than it is.

You two ride too fast for me...! I'm seriously like a little granny, ha ha! I'm sure you guys will have a great time and hope you have good weather! emoji41.png

Another thread without mention of Yamaha..:rolleyes::rolleyes:    Anyway, did I tell you I'm looking for an alloy tank for my auld Triumph if anyone has one

• Like 2

Another thread without mention of Yamaha..:rolleyes::rolleyes:    Anyway, did I tell you I'm looking for an alloy tank for my auld Triumph if anyone has one

I know... it's sacrilege!!

• Like 1

I've got a Triumph and an Aprilia, am i scum too?

You'll enjoy Europe though Bipps, i did it on my own and it was fine - can't wait to go back!

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Most definitely scum, but what can you do...!

Ahh that's right, you did! Well I may call on you for some advice. It won't be until next year anyway - I still have more of Scotland to enjoy this year!

12 hours ago, jimmy said:

Hey Jimmy seen some lovely alloy tanks being made at the Norton factory and they only cost two and a half grand:ssst:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online