sparkplug caps

fishermanferg
This post is 2716 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You have resisted plugs (that's what the 'r' means) if you use them with resisted caps your bike will run badly if at all.

Resisted caps run 4Kohm resistance, so with the caps your lumping 8Kohms of resistance into your system. The ideal is unresisted caps and unresisted plugs for a really bright spark, its only to supress radio interference. One other other is fine but you don't want both.

• Like 1

On 19/11/2016 at 3:39 PM, fishermanferg said:

anybody know the sparkplug cap resistance should be on a 1992 xv535 2yl ive got used coils and leads and they tested fine but would like to know if the caps resistance is important the plugs are ngk bpr7es

According to the book, resistance is 10,000 ohms

Well the resisted caps on my dt were 4k according to my meter.

hi cynic I'm still a bit puzzeled my owners manual the plugs are bpr7es now if that is correct it is a resisted plug and the original caps are resistor types too ,now the Haynes manual states the plugs are bp7es which are non resistor type puzziling

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online