km check ???

nathan1983
This post is 2713 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dunno, lots though. Don't worry about it you have a petrol tap with a reserve position...use the tap correctly, just switch to RES when you run out of fuel in the ON position, then fill up whenever you can. In time using you're trip mileometer you'll find out just how far she goes

• Like 2

Yep. 

Trip meter is actually a fuel gague in disguise.

• Like 1

Waste of time, whole system holds less than a pint.

Do the whole thing, better that than have it freeze.

You will know if she is using water too, if you suspect check your gearbox oil often as the water goes 2 ways. Into the gearbox from the water pump seal or the engine from the head gasket.

The bad news is neither show from the outside till its too late. Either running out of water and overheating or oily gunk from the gearbox breather all over the back wheel.

On 17/11/2016 at 10:41 PM, Cynic said:

Yep. 

Trip meter is actually a fuel gague in disguise.

Totally agree Cynic, but if I can add my tuppence worth...................

I used my Divvy's trip meter as a fuel gauge but learnt the hard way that urban and rural/motorway riding you need two different mileages to go by, i.e. commuting only six miles to and from work (twelve mile round trip) and round town etc I filled up at eighty miles but for longer high speed trips it was one hundred miles.

The only afterthought I would add is that now and again just switch the fuel tap on and off otherwise it will seize up and being plastic it will break into two. 

Good point, my TDR can crack 60mpg on a 70mph cruise, (bloody uncomfortable and dull as old paint). It can also break 25mpg on back country roads on a lazy summer day (happy days). 48 miles from a 10L tank is my record chasing my mate round the Cotswolds on his Hornet.

• Like 1