what ones

fishermanferg
This post is 2744 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I  buy all component from RexSPEED SHOP , COZ I KNOW THEY WILL LAST ,. most on ebay are   cheap  imports,

Tell them there is a difference,,  logged , so if  bother  a replacement will be due,  I bought some parts of Yambits,  the pictures showed  shiney replica parts [ bolts etc,    ]  an received  black bolts,   other parts looked cheap too, .  [ Chinese ] 

Secondary readings are in the thousands, so youll have to switch your meter to read in that range. Normally, the ohms (resistnace) range scales up in factors of ten, so hopefully your meter will have a dial that looks like this

photo Avo.jpg

resistance range is the one with the horsehoe. Primary is measured with the dial set at 200. Secondary (12k to 14.5k), move your setting to 20k (k = 1,000)

Your meter may differ and may read 100/1k/10k/100k etc. In that case, you would set at 100k as 10k would be too low.

Unless youve got a really good meter with just one range

Always zero your meter first, or check by holding the probes together and ensure it reads zero

By the way, id be concerned that the new ones only read 2.1

Hope this helps

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online