Xv125 rigid struts

Spike101uk
This post is 2751 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys so as I'm not very technical or engineer minded I need some of your brains,  

As title suggests I have a xv125 virago and looking at lowering it by installing 8 inch rigid struts ( I've also heard the stories about the swingarm not being strong enough and other such things )

Obviously  I know I need to shorten  the kick stand, would anyone know by now much or if any other bikes are suitable,  also would I have to play around with angle of front fork or will it be OK if I'm just lowering the back considerably. 

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just a point to think about...I lowered my Honda Shadow 125..looks cool etc but if you have long legs it makes it a bit awkward  when pulling away,very easy to drag your toes as your legs are all tangled up.

The state of our roads, I would stick to shocks and at least give my back a fighting chance

• Like 1

I'm with Jimmy on this, your bikes going to rattle itself to pieces with the state of our roads. Not saying you shouldn't do it, it's your bike after all. Each to their own.

My pops has a bike with a rigid frame... and he rarely (if ever anymore) rides it... It's too brutal... especially for long rides.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online