CRJ

TSS
This post is 2755 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello I have a lovely refurbished 1982 DT175MX in black that was re- built for Trail racing. It is petroil mix and starts very quickly. I have increased the front sprocket by 2 teeth for better road use. I would like to improve the silencing of this special bike can any member help?. If any one lives in NW Kent with a DT175MX it would be good to keep in touch. Regards C!B0q0UTgBWk~$(KGrHqQOKjoE)OWYcQTyBMbUPdKvsg~~_14.jpgRJ  

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 1 month later...

My DT175MX has a small ally silencer that is stuffed with fibreglass but the noise from the exhaust is to loud so maybe a big boy would be quieter, can any one give advice please. Also the Dt is 4 stroking at low throttle with a lack of power until increasing the throttle. Could this be the needle setting??

There's nothing wrong with your silencer, Its just packed with the wrong material, get rid of all the fiberglass fill and get yourself some wool sheet, use only enough to fill the silencer without compressing it tightly, silencing and performance will both be greatly improved

http://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/hl-555565/

• Like 1

I packed the Gilera silencer with wool which expands when heated so packs it tighter.

http://www.firehalt.com/acoustafil/default.htm

the complany is fairly local to me but it was cheaper off ebay (employee funds?)

15 minutes ago, blackhat250 said:

4 stroking at low throttle openings =  too big a  pilot jet,  , 

or not enough revs

locking this, go to

• drewpy locked this topic
This post is 2755 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.