Never owned a Yamaha

HeeBs
This post is 2894 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys

I hope you don't mind but I've never owned a Yamaha before. Been riding dual sport bikes, a Honda XR650L and a Transalp 700. Both fantastic bikes.

Unfortunately, I just don't seem to be getting enough DS riding done and whenever I do get together with mates, it's with my street riding mates. I then end up using my Dual purpose bike more on tar than sand.

So I'm in the market for a road bike and with a limited budget R60k-ish, I want some advice on a Fazer 1000.

So here I am !

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Heebs, well your best bet is to go to your local bike shop and see what's out there, never take any notice of folks who say their bike is brilliant cos to them it is, to you, not so much. Some folks on here have the Fazer and say it's great but until you get your arse on the seat and take it down the road your never going to know. All bikes have problems be they Honda Yam or Suzi don't matter what they are. Find one your comfortable on and buy it. If you really want the spec sheet info on a bike go to the manufacturers web site and read up on it then if you like the sound of it go find one and have a bimble round the streets to see if it really is for you. Good luck in your hunt for the perfect bike mate.

You poor man Heeby !!!

Here's the sofa, have a lie down and tell us what's on yer mind ..... plenty of nutcases here already :lol:

Get that ailment seen to and remedied as soon as possible.

:wavey: Hiya! Welcome aboard. I know nothing of the fazer. Gotta agree with Slice... if it seems like a good fit, try one out. My trouble is none of 'em fit (damn these short legs). :biglaugha: 

Hello and welcome, I was a bit confused about 60Kish - but I assume R is for SA Rands. I have ridden a 2001, 600 Fazer and it was fine.. not much more to say on that really! Did seem to overheat a lot in traffic - which may be more of a problem there - I don't know. For the price I am assuming you are looking at used bikes, which means the choice must be limited to what is on offer locally(?) have you seen a Fazer that is for sale? If you post more details on the specific bike people may have more advice on it.

Hi there,  I"v ridden the FZ1N , whitch is the naked version,  great bike.  handles great, plenty power, , a few mates had fazer 1000"s.

they swore by them ,  :wavey:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online