Macmillan Cancer Support

Oldfjman
This post is 2895 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon all,

This weekend I'll be cycling around 150 miles, from Whitehaven to Sunderland, with another 25 riders that my wife and I have conscripted - all to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.

Both Liz and I have lost our fathers to cancer in recent years, as well as other friends and relatives, and we can't thank the Macmillan Nurses enough for the help and support they've given to all cancer patients.

To help them, we're doing this challenge to raise as much money for them as possible, so that they can keep on helping all of our families, friends and colleagues, through their suffering.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could find it in your hearts to help this fantastic charity by making a donation (however large or small) through our Just Giving page, using the site below. Many thanks in advance and all the best to everyone.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Dean-Liz-Welburn-C2C-2016

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My Brother in Law is dying of cancer and Macmillan are great.

I'm making a donation

Drewps

Thanks Drewps - it's very much appreciated.

Lost my wife to cancer a while back, bloody awful experence, gladly made donation.

Cheers Meatloaf - we feel for you.

Keep your chin up.

We're over £700 so far (for Liz and I - with the others riding for us and raising sponsorship themselves, we should have a half decent group amount for Macmillan) but we're hoping for a lot more now that people are finding out about our ride.

I had cancer 15 years ago, they told me I had 6 months! Treatment is horrible but still here and McMillan helped just with advice and someone to talk to, good luck with your ride, stay safe. :wub:

• Like 2

Thanks Slice - glad you came through it and your help is very very welcome :-)

Cheers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online