Servicing

Grouch
This post is 2879 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Fair play Grouch . Just take your time , try to get the best tools you can afford , think before you use a lot of force on anything and if you feel you are getting flustered go have a cuppa and then get back to it .  And don't forget  , your bike buddies on here will always point you in the right direction .

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As above Grouch, plus youtube is your friend nowadays, I confess to watching videos on there even if I think I know how to do it, surprising what you can learn from seeing other folks doing the same job, little wrinkles that they have come up with to make it easier or quicker that never occur to you if you only follow what it says in the book. Plus here of course but it's a right pain trying to describe how to do a job when it's so much easier to watch someone do it, monkey see monkey do. Oh and you can buy decent tools with the money you save by not going to the service centre. Stick with it buddy.

• Like 2

Have a look on eBay for tools, halfords have got an outlet store. Nice n cheap and you still get the lifetime guarantee on their professional stuff

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I've got more or less everything I need tool wise. I was looking in my Haynes and it has a full list of what needs servicing on how many miles the bike has done. It's all straight forward stuff I can do. The valve clearances looked a bit iffy to me. But they seem ok.

On 12/06/2016 at 6:55 PM, Rudders said:

If your around that area (Bradford) I've heard that Geoff westerbys on canal road is a decent place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah he's supposed to be good. I once tried to book with him and he was chocca for about two months. Thats the problem with decent garages. They are just busy as............

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online