dtr 2003

dtr1994
This post is 3098 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there!

just brought my 1st yam this weekend a 2003 dtr 125cc lovely bike really enjoying it only thing is that it pulls like a train thorough the 1st few gears will power wheelie in 1st easily but top end is stopping at around 60-65 MAX rarely get to 65 now i have read about a read switch behind the head light but if i had read correctly this also stops the rmp going past 7000 the bike will rev freely to 10 when in Neutral,any ideas how to get that bit of extra top speed as iv read it should have a bit better top speed,

thanks

here is a pic  

12239647_10205436251241629_8054222336969252805_n.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice looking bike

The reed switch stunt won't stop the bike reving past 7k. Don't be reving the bike to 10k in neutral,,,,you will kill the poor think.

Take care going fast as the brakes can't stop the bike good enough.

There's a post on here somewhere about doing all this.

hi 2 wheels thanks for the reply ill check the reed switch tomorrow iv just found a post that says its a speed limiter not a rev limiter i got it the wrong way round so will give that a go,im really liking the 2 stroke! and yes the brakes dont seem to good even tho they were changed not long ago,,so would you say its defiantly restricted if its only doing 60-65 

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online