DT 125 MX Restricted

DJYAM
This post is 3156 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Have just bought a DT 125 MX and was wondering if these bikes were ever restricted. Reason being, I need the bike to be 14hp or under for me to be able to ride it. I was told by the seller it was an unrestricted one, I didn't think these bikes were restricted however. Any help would be great!

This bike was imported.

If the bike is over 14hp, is there any way TO restrict it so I can ride it on the roads?

Bike -

DT 125 MX 83' Mk 1

2 Stroke

Imported from America

Thanks All

$_12.JPG

Edited by DJYAM

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't worry the bike is not restricted and doesn't need to be either, it pre dates restriction. So long as the bike is stock your fine.

Off the top of my head I think the 125/175 are 13 and 16hp respectively although the 125 is regarded as a little perkier as it revs better although you do need to get it spinning to get the best from it, make sure you use premium fuel though unless you want to be changing pistons.

Thanks, just what I was looking for! As long as you are 100% sure that is! Don't want to risk riding her if not!

Won't the fact it's imported make a difference?

Yeah, first 2 stroke Ive owned, can't wait to get on the road!

What date did restrictions come into force then? Just out of interest.

Thanks Again

Edited by DJYAM

Okay thanks.

I know that 14hp is the limit for me at the minute. It's nice to see the history like that - might show that to my Dad that later haha.

Just looking for a second opinion or knowledge on what HP the DT will kick out, just to be 100%.

Ayup Nigel

Edited by Airhead

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online