89 Radian Seat too high, lowering options

RadianRider
This post is 3210 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, helping a friend out with her 89 Radian, She's 5' 4" and says that her feet barely touch the ground, she has to stand on the balls of her feet. Has anyone had any experience with lowing the riding height? Are there aftermarket seats available that are lower?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, Just to say that it's polite to intro yourself in the New Members section before you ask a "how do I fix my bike" question, we're pleased your here and hope you stick around. I would suggest that you talk to your local Yamaha dealer as they will have all the info you need or failing that just Google it, got to be some other folks who have bought a bike that's to big for them.

Take the seat off and fliick out the rubber stops on the underneath, lowers it a few millimetres. failing that, you can get the seat foam modded to suit.

I had a radian upto earlier this, fantastic little bikes. Wish Id kept it now

Just a thought, but have you tried lowering the rear suspension springs? sorter ride = more travel when someone is sat on the bike. 

Also just to point out, as long as they can get 1 foot to the floor, then they are big enough for the bike. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online