Does changing one tyre only matter on my little 125

Volvomeg
This post is 3285 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Dropped my bike off for its MOT today and lad had a quick scout round it before i left and said rear tyre was getting abit low,

Fair enough as ive never been very impressed with the cheng shin thats on it now, altho dont know if its just because its the width of a push bike tyre,

They had a michelin in stock for it so told them to fit that while they have it,

But then i remember reading something about best changing them in pairs, lad said don't bother might aswell run front off them change them both next time as it doesn't make a much differance on smaller bikes,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello, no it won't matter on a little 125. When I had my YBR the rear got a puncture and I didn't bother changing the front.

If they are fitting a pilot sporty then you should like it, much better, even with the cheap front.

It is regarded as good practice to keep the same make and type. As said tyres generally run 2 rears to a front so if you are swapping the rear think on the front too.

True it doesent affect a 125 that greatly but you are still asking that tyre to keep you wheels down. Personally I regard them as a very important part.

If they are fitting a pilot sporty then you should like it, much better, even with the cheap front.

Yeah thats what it was, i had remembered reading something about them been quiet highly regarded,

Ill see if it passes and might get them to put matching front on aswell altho i ready do need to get my finger out my ass and get my test past this year

• Like 2

Well it passed its mot with one advisory on one of front fork seals thats just starting to weap a little,

I asked them to do front tyre aswell so when i pick it up it will be sporting 2 michelins,

Think fork seals will be next winter project as am fairly competent with a spanner

• Like 1

I get my bike MOT in spring each year and had an advisory a couple of times on a fork seal starting to weep but it's not! It's WD40 I spray on the fork legs when I store my bike over the winter.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online