TomTom map updates

g1hsg
This post is 3300 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

TomTom seem to be having a fire sale on their map updates, I assume it's to counter the increasing number of satnavs that come with 'free' lifetime updates out of the box. The last time I checked TomTom wanted over £40 for a UK & ROI update, now down to £14.95 and using the discount code Welcome15_uk I got another £8 off. Shame the powered mount crapped out last week and they don't seem to make replacements for the Rider v2 any longer. Still with a full charge it's likely that my back will fail before the Satnav runs out of charge.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

when a tomtom battery is working good, you have something like 5 hours battery but you can install on your bike an USB port and charge your tomtom in the time you ride if you need.

• Like 1

Tom tom updates..

Been using em for the last million years and NEVER bothered with updates.

Roads dont change that much and used daily like mine is they dont last more than 2 or 3years. Cheaper to replace the tom tom.

cynic, cheaper to replace the car tom tom, not the tom tom raider, a tom tom for cars is under 100 pounds, my last tom tom raider cost me 400 pounds, and before this the raider pro cost me 350 pounds. anyway, tom tom have some offers and I buy mine with life update. so if anyone have in mind to buy a raider, look for those offers.

the same thing for garmin motorcycle version, also a great gps for motorcycles.

Tom tom rider is a rip off. Its just a tom tom with a bike mount.

Total rip off.

not really, chemical proof, we can play footbal with my tomtom if you wish and after this I will use it to speak at my phone and get directions, waterproof, wild routes etc. . you can read you display in the sun, not like a car GPS. we don`t speak about the same tomtom.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online