Tips on keeping new bike good!

sunsprie
This post is 3299 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

.....One thing though: those highway passing lights will absolutely kill your battery......

And you will get arrested by the Eco police for light pollution.

It does look nice though!

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

See the the top spot lights I can turn them off with a switch, the bottom to come on when my dipped head lights come on, they don't light up much but they do come on. Will the be a problem for the battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you can keep them anyway, if 4 is to much for you, you can keep 2, during the night is helping in my opinion because you will not be seen by the other road users like a car somewhere miles away, they will understand this is a bike. about draining your battery, well, if you forget your light on, your battery will be flat sooner than if you have just one, but will be still flat in any case :)) if those light are not directly connected on the battery, your battery will be fine during the night with ignition off. also any electric thing you fit on the bike, connect it at ignition not directly on the battery (12v chargers, usb chargers, gps power cable, etc)

• Like 1

Yip " amazing 97 with 6000mls, real bargain,,, I like the style of the xvs.

Heres another about oil " A guy in USA. Rode 120,000 mls on his XT1200 Tenere , and used Diesel engine oil for most of them miles,

I"l post the link when I find it, :jossun:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online