Revisiting Member, Searching for my next yammy, R1Z in the uk

This post is 3284 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Greetings all, visited the forum a few years back when I had a Dtr125, now back as I'm looking for another 2stroke. I've seen the r1z, a jap import to the uk, but other than 3 vastly overpriced imports on the boat from Japan, they seem to be a bit thin on the ground! If anyone has a lead on a project bike please let me know :-)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Haha very funny.

That bike is far harder to find than its uk RD version.

ANYTHING worth looking at will be overpriced.

You got to look and not rush. I got lucky with my TDR as the seller didn't know what he had. I still had a 350mile round trip to pick it up. After looking at rubbish for 6mths.

Patience. Maybe the Rd owners clubs may be worth a look.

Yeah, cheers mate. Not in a rush, got plenty of other jobs on at the moment. Thinking it will take at least 6 months too, but want to put the feelers out and create a network of friendly Yamaha fans who will take a finders fee :-)

Its a yamaha R1Z basically a RD250lc John.

Oh " I thought it was any project,, that's a dear commodity hes after,,, :eusa_think:

Yeah, those 3 bikes are coming over at the moment. They were sold for between 800 and 1200 quid on a Japanese auction site. Shipping in a bulk container? 300 quid a bike max, plus import duty, the bike shop wants 800 to 1500 quid profit on them. I'll bide my time, summat will turn up.

Guess what passed me today at the bottom of my road?

yep a 1rz in white and lumo orange :)

Didn't see it till the bike passed me in the opposite direction

whats wrong with the link i posted up?

It may be 3k, what actually is your budget?

How much work do you want? Anything that runs ok and has mot and tax will be the high teens.

Shitters needing tax and ticket will be a grand most likely.

There are TDR250's out there in similar nick to mine for well over 4k (checked after the insurance thread by DDT) now. A couple are over 6!! .5years ago I paid 1100quid.

......There are TDR250's out there in similar nick to mine for well over 4k (checked after the insurance thread by DDT) now. A couple are over 6!! .5years ago I paid 1100quid.

A note to all keep an eye on the prices. Be careful of being under insured. £2k would never buy your TDR Jason.

Sought after bikes are like house prices, buy now before they go higher or you'll never be able to afford one!

Hi everyone out there,I'm new to all this type of forum but please bear with me as I'm a bit of a dinosaur. I've got in my garage a 1979 rd250 (air cooled) and Suzuki rf600. Last time on road was when I was about 17 (now about to turn 56) so thought about time I got back on the road so passed cut and theory now just got the rest to do.

Wish me luck as will take test in a couple of months.

Hi everyone out there,I'm new to all this type of forum but please bear with me as I'm a bit of a dinosaur. I've got in my garage a 1979 rd250 (air cooled) and Suzuki rf600. Last time on road was when I was about 17 (now about to turn 56) so thought about time I got back on the road so passed cut and theory now just got the rest to do.

Wish me luck as will take test in a couple of months.

bob, start a new thread and lets see your bikes man.

you need a photobucket account for pictures ( see the help section how to)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online