Still no joy starting the XVS 125

Carolina Spur
This post is 3343 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have tried everything to no avail. Spoke to my mechanic on the phone told him everything I have done so far and he even researched the timing and called me back and said I have everything right except in his opinion a weak battery with possible fouling of the new plugs. I now have petrol in the oil so I know its has flooded through all of the constant trying to start.

I am knackered from trying to bump start it today. My guy says by putting it on the rollers it will definitely start with some tweaks that I just cant do pushing it or trying to jump start it in the cold.

1888824_1554907514789965_326675041036624

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

She should fire if everthin is good, summats up spur, :eusa_think: re-check spark and timing , as your getting fuel,,

always checking the simples. That would gut me if I had done that hehe

you wouldn't be the first or last

Make sure the HT leads have not been switched around ( by switching them around and trying it ) . On some parallel twins it makes no difference which way round they are fitted , not sure about your V-twin though . Give it a whack , you never know .

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online