SR 125, poor MPG

Addy1982
This post is 3382 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just thought as I was coming home tonight, without realising it I also grip the tank with my knees. Seems to make a difference for me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Lol. Your supposed to use your knees to grip the tank. All your arms should be doing is steering.

If you are holding the bike with your arms gues what happens when you get moved by a bump or windblast. Ya wiggle.

• Like 1

Haha. I never even realised I was doing it before! I was trying to think of everything I do as I go round a corner. Suppose it is obvious that you grip the tank!

• Like 1

Ok, so I had another go at cleaning the carb. Took the whole thing apart this time. I also fixed a small hole that I noticed on the exhausr. It's running far better now. sits at 60mph with no wind and can often hit 65mph. I took it on a long run the other day and got 85mpg! Problem solved.

Thanks everyone for your help.

• Like 2

Really glad to hear it, and thanks for taking the time to update us on progress. We like that here!

• Like 1

Makes me think I should clean my carb! Cue up to the 'how to' youtube vids!

Me too - and maybe gum up that hole in the exhaust!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online