DT 125 LC clutch problem 2015

jeffhj8
This post is 3305 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ya definitely no screw on it...

Do you think i should get i fine sand paper (around 600 grit) and try and get those markings out because they dont look too big...

Or should i just go straight to machining a punch to hit them out... because its aluminum it shouldn't be too hard to get it out either way.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You will most likely split the ally. Also you will get swarf down there you cannot remove.

I would work on the shaft till it opperates nicely in its hole.

That will be the safest bet i think.

• Like 1

oops..my bad.

• Like 1

In my defense I did turn 50 3 days ago..so brain getting bit moldy.

• Like 1

I have been sanding it down for a while now and it fits in better but when i go to put it in its normal palace it tightens up again and it seems like im getting no where... and now i am worried the clutch lifter bore isn't the same shape anymore. Not sure what i can do if it is warped

Honestly..

You could maybe cut the worst off.

You could try and punch the damage, swarf being the enemy there.

Persevere with modifying the shaft to fit. Bearing in mind its cheap and if you knacker it. Replacements are readily available for another go.

Replace the crankcase.

Up to you but i know what i would be trying.

Biggest lesson. For all those reading too. Don't neglect your chain.

• Like 1

Im thinking about punching it out... i just dont do want to mark it up... i dont have the money to replace the crank case so that is out of the question right now. Im getting 2 punches made one bigger than the other so i can take it easy

Like i said your going to generate swarf. This will be ally too which gets everywhere.

When you do the punching get the ally hot. Remember your not heating steel. You only need 7 or 800 degrees to melt the case.

Pop the top seal out and use a nice narrow flame to heat the bit you want to ease.

Good luck.

Thats what i was planning on doing... thats why i am going to try a smaller size first.

Im going to try sanding a little more tonight though

• 2 months later...

Well i know its been a while, but i finally got around to fixing the clutch lifter. I was actually getting around to selling the bike due to me thinking my work was doing nothing. But then when throwing it back together for the guy, when i pulled the clutch in it came back out to my amazement. Its still stiff, but it works and thats what i care about.

But even more amazing is that when it was all back together and ready, i kick it over and first kick with no hesitation it comes back to life! After quite a while just sitting in the canadian cold :).

i fixed the lifter by slowly sanding away at, took a lot of time to do sand it down but i didn't think it did anything until i actually fully tried it :P

I guess this is just an update, it still bogs has some problems but it runs so ill get around to it. Thank you all for the help before. Have a good onr

• Like 1

Well i i have a couple questions about the bogging now,

So first off when i got the bike running it seemed to be back to the way it was before, starting and idling ok, then would bog pretty bad until it went to pretty high rpm then would rev like crazy.

But now it will not start at all without the choke and it still has a hard time starting. When it finally warms up it will still only idle with the choke but what is weird is that without touching anything and letting it idle it will have a really slow idle, then it will randomly rev up a bit then slow down again and sometimes it will go extremely high in revs then back down to where it is barly running and this is without touching anything and with the choke on.

Im thinking it might be something like a crank seal, or a jet has been clogged or something like that.

Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be.. thanks for the help

The petcock works good, i just went around and checked thr airbox and intake rubber and that looks good too

try spraying something like WD40 at the left crank seal when the bike is running, you'll have to take aim through the slots in the flywheel, if it has a significant effect on the running then the LH crank seal needs replacing

• 2 weeks later...

Can't even get it started now, it wont start unless the choke is on, and when the choke is on it just revs up to the point that i have to shut it off right away