peugeot streetfighter 2 problems

Noise
This post is 3490 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys and girls,

Well i have just been dumped at the cave my mates 50cc moped and to be fair im already pissed off with it and I've not even started on the thing. Now a bit of history, he dropped it at mine about a month ago as it was coughing and spluttering when he accelerated and the dope didnt put a part of the air filter back on as he didn't think it needed it, so it was getting too much air and after a bit of gaffer tape and a word of advise to get the pipe back on when he was home solved that problem.

Now it's back but now as of Sunday he has said it revs up but as soon as its going and you put your feet up it bogs down and dies. Now as i had today off i thought id get cracking on it once i was back from the docs and took it round the block to which it did bog down and died but now it won't start at all.

I have no understanding on how these black magic things work so just after a little advise if you guys know of any thing? The plug is wet but very black and when it was started it stank of strong petrol, so im thinking it must be carb problems?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Here is the carb

DSC_0879_zpsycbtpele.jpg

A diaphragm under the seat thats attached to the carb

DSC_0878_zpsze9dtkup.jpg

Engine

DSC_0877_zpshwcetny5.jpg

This filter gose down the the bit thats covered in crap in the next picture which is bolted to the engine

DSC_0875_zpsiu63wyiw.jpg

DSC_0876_zpsztywdsr3.jpg

sounds like a ball ache job to me.

strip the carb down and check all the settings and clean!

the diaphragm is like a vacuum hose to let fuel in when it starts

check bore if that don't work with maybe a new set of rings

It is a massive ball ache drew, i had the head off just a second ago and thats fine, no scoring or top end damage so it must be carb.

My mate messaged me and said he did strip the carb and cleaned it but looking at the exterior he aint done a very good job but i maybe wrong.

LOL 5 cans of gunk degreaser and a pressure washer befor I would touch it.

Yeah me and dt are on the same page here plus if he cleaned that carb without disturbing the dirt outside then he's a f**king genius.

• Like 1

Well i have cleaned every thing, taken the carb out and cleaned it properly, checked the barrel and piston which are all ok, its getting fuel, its getting air and its got a good spark and compression yet the bastard thing still will not start?

I am completely stumped with it.

Any ideas what else i could try (apart from going all out Thor on it with my 5lb lump hammer)

sounds like immobiliser failure.

When the key hasn't been coded it usually starts but won't rev and just misfires.

If the wrong key has been coded or the immobiliser has failed it will get a few sparks that allow it to run but then they misfire and eventually spark at the completely wrong time. This will keep repeating as you keep cranking the engine over.

could be the above taken from;

http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1991241

Yep looks like thats what it is buddy, thank you for finding that, told my mate to order a new cdi unit that will bypass the immobiliser which will cost him £50 rather than the £250 from the dealer

Thanks again

Yep looks like thats what it is buddy, thank you for finding that, told my mate to order a new cdi unit that will bypass the immobiliser which will cost him £50 rather than the £250 from the dealer

Thanks again

no probs :)