bleeding brakes with wrecked bleed nipple ??

gary68
This post is 3522 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

is it at all possible to bleed my rear brakes system by loosening the banjo bolt ? over exuberance has rounded my soft brass bleed nipple rendering it useless .oh its an xt125r 06

gary68

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi gary " i would buy a few new brake nipples [ Types are different] , some are long tapered . before attacking the knackered nipple with mole grips, As you need it out, as the banjo will not release all the air,

If you don't think you can get the old nipple out, you can buy a banjo with a bleed nipple fitted in the top which would solve your problem.

Not really.

Preloads method will work but may leave air in the caliper. This could be OK and you could try and use the gravity method to get the air out - just leave the top off the master cylinder and wedge the pedal down and the air often comes to the surface but can take a few days.

I would mole grip the nipple or drill and use a bolt extractor on it.

It would work with the bleed bolt but its still bodged brakes. I spend money on brakes over power any day.

Will make the mot man and any plod look at the bike closer.

Dont forget the butcherd nipple could fail loosing you your rear brake and possibly getting hydraulic fluid on your tyre.

Unlikely but hey so is winning the lottery. I know which i prefer running the odds on.

Not really.

Preloads method will work but may leave air in the caliper. This could be OK and you could try and use the gravity method to get the air out - just leave the top off the master cylinder and wedge the pedal down and the air often comes to the surface but can take a few days.

I would mole grip the nipple or drill and use a bolt extractor on it.

This is good point if using the banjo bolt nipple make sure the nipple is the highest point of the caliper when bleeding I assumed people would know that.

On interweb assuming they have anything is risky

Come to Reading. *I'll* get your nipple out for you! ;)

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online