Yamaha YBR - Waterproof USB and iphone mount (satnav)

vayduh
This post is 3534 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone have any recommendations on installing usb to the YBR (or indeed any bike); any particular make that you would point me at? Any issues with connecting direct to battery or is it better to find something switched to ignition (headlight)?

In short I'm looking to have USB power and a reasonably waterproof mount for an iphone 5s - mainly i want to use it for satnav but while I'm here i might as well ask for opinions on bluetooth headsets for answering the phone. At the moment I have pretty much taken the view that while I am riding i will not be answering the phone at all, but it would certainly be interesting to hear opinions from more experienced riders.

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for that. I will keep looking and update.

I'll need to check the battery voltage in the morning (2013 YBR) as I have no idea. Still to order the Haynes manual - thats added to the list....

I use the Autocom system which is connected to the Garmin zumo which has a dedicated holder on the handlebar. My Autocom system also has bluetooth which could link to either sat nav or phone, if my phone is in my pocket or trunk then I'm assuming I could use the sat nav to answer it via this means. Although I don't think I have ever taken a call on the bike. I also have the ipod linked in to the Autocom.

But to be honest, I probably haven't connected my helmet to the system in over a year. These days I have just been using the bike for commuting at which point I don't mind the quiet.

Really only use the set up if riding 2up or out with a buddy for bike to bike coms.

Thanks for the replies. I don't think i will be pursuing needing to answer a phone while riding.

I will certainly be fitting the usb power and a weatherproof iphone mount though (already have TomTom app on the iphone) for satnav purposes. I'll update the thread once i choose / fit things.