Indicator faults

Banksy
This post is 3521 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. Been getting stuck into my bike the last few days and its been a blast. I've now hit a slight snag. Fitted l.e.d indicators.they are not flashing but staying light up constant. I've replaced the relay so that narrows that out as google is saying that a common fault. Everything was working ok until I chopped the wires of the front indicators. Replaced them tried it to make sure before I got the solder iron out but no more flashing. Anybody any ideas??

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Replaced the relay with what. A dedicated led relay?

it needs a proper led relay fella, I just bout a cheap chinese one with adjustable flash rate it seemed good for the money , dont know how it woulf fare on a bike but for that money it's gotta be worth a punt

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380898229899?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_5345wt_1310

If you have an electronic relay fitted you will not need an inline resistor as well. You'll only need resistors with the old bi-metal relays.

no, you need a relay that works...yours seems to be faulty. What we have been trying to get across is that you DONT need resistors with an electronic led suitable relay...the link I posted is one of those and it works just dandy without any resistors at all.

However if you wish to use the original yamaha relay, then you would need resistors, dont know much about these so cannot advise you more along those lines

Not sure how the front indicators are wired on your bike, but if you only have a single indicator bulb in the instruments then both the left and right sides are wired into the bulb in the instruments. When I did mine, I had hazard flashers irrespective of which way the handlebar switch was pushed until I disconnected the instrument bulb.

I used a 6V version of this relay: http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/726/category/35