Petcock blocked - RD350

mcferreira100
This post is 3593 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

No fuel getting thru here. When open its not pouring out..only few drops coming out if I shake the tank vigorously. Wondering about removing this filter on here as you can see its damaged(intend to fit inline filters). All my other bikes these in-tank filters have fallen off so I always do inline filters. There`s about 2 litres in the tank..so should I need more fuel in there? I have stripped the petcock and blown out everything with compressed air. The tank has been lined. Surely with 2 litres in, fuel should pour out when on reserve as with my other bikes.

2014-07-20150524_zps3350b9f4.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If it has fuel in the tank and the tap is clear then it should piss out so there must be a problem, have you had the actual lever off? as this usually has a rubber sealing washer at the back and if that has turned in situ it might be blocking the exit hole. Best guess mate.

Yep..lever was off..that seal in there needs to be replaced. can only think that filter on there causing a blockage. It has been sitting 20 years.

If you remive that filter you will have no reserve, .it has the tuboe fort he main supply in it ,it does just pul out , remove screw and pul andle out and make sure all is in order inside as well

ok got that filter off..was pretty stuck in there. Tap stripped as well..going to leave everything soaking in some fresh fuel overnight and blow it all out in the morning again.

Not vac operated, the large rubber at the back with 4 holes in it will rotate,when you move the handel when they get old and block the fuel supply, so you need a new one. 3 dollar part

We're talking old school here NSD 2 steps up from a horse!!! :biglaugha:

• Like 1