2t oil in 4t discuss

o5otato5o
This post is 3580 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's generally reckoned to be a BAD idea, as the 2T will leave a massive amount of carbon deposits on your 4T internals and gum them up. There's a reason there are two separate oils.

As one acquaintance put it - It's like having your accountant dig up a bone in your garden, while asking your dog to do your taxes.

Never ever.

Not sure what it would do to your cat converter or lambada sensor for bikes that have them.

Why would anyone want to?

What are you going to lubricate. You will foul your plugs as the tiddly 4t things wont clear.

Prob hotspot the valves with carbon as well as running lean and REALLY fubar your emmisions.

So far the discussion is going against the idea. I would estimate over 100 years of riding experience in the replies so far and, in the limited replies, not anyone thinking it is good. That may change. I wouldn't advocate putting a drop of diesel in or a drop of 4 stroke oil either.

If your worried about lubing the vales and internal running gear then use something like REDEX or any other UCL, as above 2T oil is for 2T bikes and if you use it on your own bike let us know how far you get before it stops through either bunged up plugs or stuck valves, must say though that if you had not asked the question I would never have thought of this, just goes to show that there are no daft questions just daft answers! :crazy: