A bit of heads up please

Trooper
This post is 3690 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all

Edit - Bike is a YBR125, 2006

So recently I made a post asking about my jammed rear brake and indicator faults. Well, it's all still broken but the rear brake is not really an issue anymore, it is being repaired at a workshop on the weekend and I'm sure I can ride it there using only the front brake if I'm careful.

The indicators concern me though. None of them are working properly (but all of the bulbs are tested and working). I can already see it's pretty likely that I'll need to have that repaired at a garage too, but using arm signals on one of my first times riding the bike is going to be awkward, so, can anyone think of any last tricks I should try before paying someone to fix it?

Just another short explanation of the problem:

The lights on the instrument panel do come on when I indicate, but they stay on solidly and the indicator lights themselves do not come on at all. The right hand side did work but it was flashing fast, and even they stopped working today. The left side would work only at the front if I jiggled the wires round a bit. Now, nothing works. Just the instrument lights. I understand there could be a loose connection somewhere or a broken wire, but I'm a novice and can't find anything that doesn't look right.

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you need to test the earth connections to the lamps. give them a good clean.

Tried jiggling the wires around again today and managed to get the front working. The rear left has never worked, the rear right is now just stuck on solid like the dash light. But, as I was fiddling with the wires for the front left, I accidentally yanked the plugs out and now I can't find where they came from.. Stupid me :icon_redface:

Trooper, you need a manual, then look at wiring diagram, find the colour for left , trace wire back from indicator to the colour and plug in,

Its easy if you have a diagram, and buy a cheap multi meter , and learn,

Trooper, you need a manual, then look at wiring diagram, find the colour for left , trace wire back from indicator to the colour and plug in,

Its easy if you have a diagram, and buy a cheap multi meter , and learn,

Yeah I'll order a manual shortly and start learning bike maintenance.. It's been repaired now but I guess it's essential knowledge.