Productive couple of days on my xj6n

shaun_1990
This post is 3749 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone this may turn out to be some form of project thread, however at the moment it's just a brief update for anybody interested :)

I got my xj a few months ago and it is my first big bike, rides superb and would recommend the bike to anyone, I decided to do a few little bits & today I have just finished what I want to do for now, no full bike pictures I'm sorry to say just the parts in place.

I have fitted

Evo tech tail tidy

ermax rear huger

Scorpion rear carbon can

And some rim tape which in my own opinion makes a massive difference

Here's a couple of pics that I have now

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

Sorry to say I thought I had more pictures, soon as we get some nice weather back I will be out with the camera and enjoying the bike, any comments welcome (bad or good)

Thanks for looking

Shaun

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice job Shaun your a bit of a tease only showing us a bit of your bike, but lucky to get anything done outside this time of year,

its the little things that make your bike stand out and make it more individual whats next ?

Always been thought not to give to much away in the beginning Tommy. Next on my hitlist will be the brake lines, should hopefully get them in the next couple of months, yeah the weather has been a battle and my hands wanted to give up in the cold haha.

That's what I want, just to stand out a tiny bit & making it my own.

Shaun

• Like 1

I don't understand rim tape, but that is just my view.

The changes really tidy up the rear and gives the bike a very clean, rear, look. Like the Scorpion end can very much :thumb: .

Just adds abit of colour to the mass of black that is on the wheel, thank you :). I was in two minds if it looked right or not

Shaun

Got an xj myself :). What did you pay for the rear hugger? Mine already has a tail tidy and a couple of other bits..agree on the wheel tape,I've got white on mine(on white bike) for a few quid it really sets the bike off.

May change the indicators and get the belly pan and headlight cowling colour matched as well

Looking good mate, bet it sounds nice with that end can on?

• Like 1

I don't understand rim tape, but that is just my view.

The changes really tidy up the rear and gives the bike a very clean, rear, look. Like the Scorpion end can very much :thumb: .

see what you mean about the wheel tape, sort of distracts from the stealth look, be a bit like adding go faster stripes but to each there own as they say! would be boring if we all liked the same :jossun:

• Like 1

Got an xj myself :). What did you pay for the rear hugger? Mine already has a tail tidy and a couple of other bits..agree on the wheel tape,I've got white on mine(on white bike) for a few quid it really sets the bike off. May change the indicators and get the belly pan and headlight cowling colour matched as well

I can't remember the exact price but was over £100 I'll try to find the invoice tomorrow night and get back to you with where it was from also :)

Yeah the can made a nice bit of difference however not as much as I was expecting (still getting that carbon build up) once that is done should have a rasp to her, I'll try to get a video (the better half got me a go pro yet to find the right settings to use it) in the better weather (fair weather rider) for the time being I'm sorry to say (don't fancy 10 hour shifts soaking haha)

• 2 weeks later...

We'll I thought I would get the bike out & put some fuel in seen as I'm using it for work this week, anyway I thought of you guys & went for some pictures only a couple as it was chilly haha

Comments welcome :)

770572cc2bcdc5798f707b657712cbd6.jpg

13a7231473f15d2239023a39fb441a55.jpg

Thank you :) luckily it's only a 6 mile trip haha the car is needed to be in a garage and have some suspension work fixed! silly audi's refusing to let me take a nut out and snapping at bolt and nut end!!

We'll I thought I would get the bike out & put some fuel in seen as I'm using it for work this week, anyway I thought of you guys & went for some pictures only a couple as it was chilly haha

Comments welcome :)

770572cc2bcdc5798f707b657712cbd6.jpg

13a7231473f15d2239023a39fb441a55.jpg

Looks very sorted.

Is that an led rear light on it(the one with integrated indicators?)

Was looking at one of those and but the original on as well which aren't led's.

Do you know if that's an issue with the indicators flash rate??

It's not an actual led it just looks like it, some form of cover over the bulb, the previous owner has had some form of dodgy idea and put in some more earth cable but after following it & ripping it out it did nothing haha.

Hope this helps

Shaun

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you :) yeah by far the best addition to the bike

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online