Aftermarket Piston Rings

melvynford
This post is 3791 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys.

Pulled the engine on my XJ600. Stripped it down only to find one of the cylinder liners was scored inside :eusa_doh:. Honed the liner now spot on.

Phoned Yamaha and they are Quoting £40.50 for a set of piston rings :hah:.

Dose anybody know where to get aftermarket piston rings .

Cheers Mel.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HI Preload.

After Honing the liner it is measuring 59mm.The original Bore dia was 58.505 to 58.545. After checking the ring gaps they are outside the maximum dia. So will have to fit over sized rings. Have tried EBay but no joy.

Okay that's why I asked ;-). Oversized rings for a 4 stroke are fairly rare on eBay you may want to try a dealer or 2 as if they have some in stock they will to get rid as there not asked for often unless a for an old brit bike.

Hi Guys . Gogleed the part number for the rings . Got a site called Partzilla . Got the rings for 30.15 dollars which works out about £18.00

So just went ahead and 4 Sets . So when I rebuild the engine it will have new rings. Happy days can't wait to get the twat back on the road.

Mel