How do you fix a parking permit on a bike?

doodlefool
This post is 3813 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just received my parking permit, but I have no idea where to show it on my bike without it getting stolen. It's currently hanging on my back wheel under my cover by a piece of string. I'll be honest, I'm not holding out much hope that it'll be there when I get back.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I did see that and thought it was a bit pricey for a *permit holder*. Surely there's a cheaper way to do it. The permit is only an A6 piece of card.

I am going to attempt using one of those cylindrical tax disc holders and somehow locking it to my chain, not sure if it will work yet, we'll see.

Ask the council/permit provider.
If they say you have to have a permit, demand they provide (or at least specify) a theft-proof method. Comply and document the implementation of such and then tell them to get stuffed when it inevitably gets stolen resulting in a parking ticket.

I don't know what area the permit is for but some councils allow you to buy a permit but not have to display it. I would check if it needs to be displayed first. It is always a good question to ask the council how you are supposed to display it and what happens if it gets stolen. With all the high tech stuff around, checking your number plate against a permit database should be easy, but councils don't think of that, most would just want to fine you for non display and charge you for a duplicate.

I am going to attempt using one of those cylindrical tax disc holders and somehow locking it to my chain, not sure if it will work yet, we'll see.

This is what i will do. We have parking permits here at my works but they are just a small round sticker with our employee numbers written on them, get ones to stick on the inside of your cage window and ones that stick on your bike but no one here uses the ones on the bikes as our works police knows every ones bikes (well everyone on site knows my bike :eusa_whistle: )

• Like 1

This is what i will do. We have parking permits here at my works but they are just a small round sticker with our employee numbers written on them, get ones to stick on the inside of your cage window and ones that stick on your bike but no one here uses the ones on the bikes as our works police knows every ones bikes (well everyone on site knows my bike :eusa_whistle: )

they must all have good memory's :biglaugha:

they must all have good memory's :biglaugha:

:finger::ct::biglaugha:

they are so old?!

Everyone at work knows every bike and who the corresponding riders are, even if they drive cages themselves.

There's only 13 of us who ride at all, one of us who only takes it to work thrice a year, one who will probaby kill himself either with bike or in his car, one who is a girl and has STILL not remembered to convert her CBR600 back to Road Mode from her trackday, two of us who ride all year round..... and only one crazy fucker who dares to ride in the snow!! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online