Sr doing up

lauragilmour
This post is 3734 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'll be sticking it away for winter but January/ February time hopefully snow will be gone etc and all things I want to be done to it be done, I'd rather do all the things now while the bikes apart than having to stop riding next year to do things :)

Ah man caves are the best, if it was my choice I'd live in one he he

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

GOOD GIRL!!!!!!!!!! nothing better than a bottle of jack a smoke and oilly hands!

• Like 1

Best drink.out there foams, other good one is a well matured glenfidic

• Like 1

Im a southern boy too, but whiskey is the best thing but no ice.......tastes like yacks piss when watered down.

Any way robbing the thread here lol Sorry Laura, Hows the bike coming on?

Haha feel left out being a northerner! And I agree about the ice..

Not much to say about the bike I've finished sanding the panels/ tank etc so will be dropped them off at the spray work shop later! Other than that not much to say, going to order some LEDs and general pottering on :)

Looking forward to seeing how she turns out. :thumb:

• Like 1

Holy crap, you polished your sprocket case like that? :o how did you get rid of the pitting? ive got a clutch cover that i bought and never used, would love to get it shining like you have.

Fancy doing a few XJ turbo parts? :P

Holy crap, you polished your sprocket case like that? :o how did you get rid of the pitting? ive got a clutch cover that i bought and never used, would love to get it shining like you have.

She puts in some time Foams... Isn't as easily distracted. :eusa_whistle:

Just wet and dry, starting off at 320, 400, 800 then 1200 grade, after that a little auto sol (I think it's called) and comes up nicely

• Like 2

Haha! Took about an hour to do that and another piece, not quite the mirror finish I like but just start with a rough grade sand paper (180) then work my way to 1200, not easy but worth it :P

Only problem i found when polishing my SR cases is they oxidize quicker :(,

I use one of THESE for polishing cases as i am far too lazy to do it by hand, works well on car headlights if they start going cloudy or have lacquer peel aswell.

What state is your clutch cover in?

Comming along nicely Laura,if you want mirror like finnish on the cases you will need compound and a buffing pad with how nice a job you have done so far would be well worth going the extra step ,makes it much easier to shine back up when installed.

I like your aproch to fixing this bike up,you spent your money well on getting a pro paint job and saved a ton by putting in the labour to polish everything up your self.Atacking the rust and cleaning it up instead of striping and powder coating the frame cost effective and looks good.

Your putting some of the lads to shame,especialy with how fast your getting it all done,and the level of the quality job.

Ditto! If only I was still at college - all the freetime in the world! Lol. If you get bored, mine is still a bit grubby!!

In fact if I was still in college I could probably afford to have gotten rid of my L plates by now and my '94 SR would be brand new! Though I didn't have the motivation for much more than drink and ahem, 'other' pursuits lol.

Feeling ashamed now - keep up the good work!

Though I didn't have the motivation for much more than drink and ahem, 'other' pursuits lol.

Ah yes, the young mans aspirations of fast food, fast cars and fast women... :drunk:

• Like 1