Lanza DT 230 Speedometer help

LanzaTZ
This post is 3861 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello I need help,

I have a 1996 Lanza DT 230 that sat for about a year and a half. Now the speedometer doesn't work. There is power to the display but it just says 0. I know rats ate the wire to my kill switch and the oil line from the pump to the carbuerator and I suspect they ate something related to the speedometer but I don't know where to look. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There must be something connecting the front wheel to the clock! a wire or cable, other wise how would it work? if you can't find the end at the wheel then trace the cable from the clocks to give you some idea of what should be there. As Airhead say's at the very least there must be a sensor!

The speed pickup is on the front sprocket then if it's not on the front wheel.

correct me if I'm wrong but how could it be associated with the gearbox output shaft, how could that work if you changed sprocket sizes at the gearbox or wheel?

Thats the bitch about it you realy cant my bandit is set up that way so when i re geared it I had to get someone to ride beside me and signal me when I was at 50-60-80-100kmph(as thoes are the most popular speeds in canada) and mark the speedo in my mind.

There are speedo correctors but I didn't care. Just like most new cars if you change the wheel size you have to reprogram the speedo to suite the size of wheel.

EDIT I also clock less miles now per year

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online