new members? who are you

liquidcooled
This post is 5560 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

if you're fairly new in here why dont you post up a wee bit about yourself, how you got into bikes, any funny/interesting biking tales to tell? the more people get to know each other the more chat comes, we've got plenty of members here so start talking! :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all Sir Tom here guess ill add a bit on this but then again whats the point in doing things twice right so i wont bore you any more just look in the sportsbikes bit.

One other thing can anyone tell me how i can get the alley key bolt out of my fairing? which screw driver should i use flat or possy? :lol:

• Admin

Welcome aboard mate, and any other forum voyeurs start posting unless your another weirdo like mozzy ;)

Yeh....and stop asking dumbass questions that could be answered by a Google search within 10 seconds!

And of all the fuckwit questions we've ever had (and there's been many) THIS was the most cretinous! :unsure:

I'm waiting with baited breath for the most cretinous question......

I thought this was a forum for keyboard owners and signed up accidentally.

I can play Greensleeves on my Yamaha.

:o

I thought this was a forum for keyboard owners and signed up accidentally.

I can play Greensleeves on my Yamaha.

Maybe I should add that I owned a Yamaha six-string guitar too. Unfortunately, it went too quick for me and was rather leery in the corners so I sold it.

I could play the 'mission impossible' theme you know - dum, dum, dum-dum, dum, dum, dum-dum.......

:rolleyes:

Hi All Big John here.

On for the first time as I am a new member. I used to ride bikes a lot of years ago and recently got back into them I just could not leave them alone. I guess it has something to do with all that power between your legs :D and the wind in your hair or something like that ;)

Use to have a Suzuki TL 1000R on a 52 plate what a bike a V-Twin with a lot of grunt but now I am bikeless. I am in a deal with a friend of mine at the minute and am buying his bike of him which he is selling next month or so. I will then be the proud owner of an XJR 1300... :D:rolleyes::)

Cant wait I tell ya. Anyway thats enough for now from me I dont want to bore you all to quick... B)

hey Big John, glad to have you on board mate, hope some of the banter will be beneficial for you ;)

Geordie.....

Thanks for the welcome Im sure the banter will be great...

Have a good one bud...

Big John...

:welcome: to the MadHouse Big John.

Really like those XJR13's ;) .....wish we got 'em over here :(

Yamahead...

Thanks for the welcome. Thought you would of had the XJR 1300's over there in the USA but obviously not. Well all I can say bud is that you don't know what you are missing. What a great machine... WOW!!!!!

:blink::rolleyes::P

welcome :D where in scotland are you big john?

Hi Liquidcooled...

Bit of a long story but let me put you in the picture. My wife is Scottish she is a low lander from Dundee now we cant hold that against her... Tee Hee...

I'm from N.Ireland, Ulster, now as I am a faithful Rangers supporter and my wife is Scottish I picked the Scottish flag. I also have a lot of Scottish roots so the Saltaire means a lot to me. We are now living down in the south coast of England and have been for the last six years...

Would of picked my home flag but they did not have it in the set up. You will have to tell me what part of S.W. Scotland you are from I am always interested in things like that. Have a good one bud. Tell me a bit more about yourself I always like to learn people. So now the ball is in your court but don't bore me too quickley...

:):D:P:lol::rolleyes:B)

Hi all, thought i'd ad to the banter as you've been quite kind answering my techie probs with me RD.

I'm 35 (gettin old now)

Married for the second time and have 4 kids

Live in East London

Started biking in 87 with a Suzuki (sorry to swear) GS125 (had little lights to tell me what gear I was in).

Soon progressed onto Yammies with a couple of YB100's and RXS100's

Passed my test on the RXS (fantastic little bike)

Then got an FZ600 in 88 as the FZR's came out (FZ was over £1500 cheaper!)

That was a sweet bike, handled perfectly but I got a bit bored from the lack of top end so chopped it in

for a GPZ900R (ah, the ole Ninja) an 85 model as a straight swap, not the best deal but the salesman knew

I just had to have it.

Anyways, took out a Ford Sierra, a tree and a Pillar Box(post box) with that in 89 and the resultant hospital stay ended my bike carear for a while. (them post boxes are cast iron and cost £950 back then!)

Had a few little runabouts since then C50's, RS125's, some peugeot scooter thing all as cheap get to work stuff for under £200.

Then I found my dream bike a year and a half ago on ebay, was only 20miles away too.

RD350YPVS 4TW!!

This is definately the most fun you can have with out risk of an STD!

that'll do for now I spose.

:)

S'pose I'd best start posting...... Old, leathers in "Fat Bastard" size, all year round rider (have y'seen the triffic traffic round the North Bristol rim?) and the slowest on a track day. Also, compiler of a biker's slang dictionary many years back. No, I don't want to get it up to date - it was too much like hard work.

Started biking on a BSA (that dates me) Quite a few bikes since. 1994 was my first lon termer, a Honda XBR 500 single - ace machine, got taken out in 2001 by a Fiat who drove into me (SMIDSY). Kicked the front wing off the Fiat, though.

Bought the TRX 850 in 99 cos it was so cheap, never regretted it.

Biking story? Wee-el, I could bore you stiff with the tale of how I slung the poor old grid across Bridgewater Industrial estate roundabout whilst on a police safety course (I can recommend those, BTW) in front of a load of Laughing Policeman, but you probably don't want to see me get embarrassed by that...... think I'll just add to the moans about winter riding.

Ahh! The joys of winter riding.... the cold, lorries kicking up shit in yer face, the dark, the rain, the cold, the ice moustaches... but oh the joys of guffawing at cages stuck in traffic! Roll on summer.

Ok well I suppose I've been into bikes for years but cars dominated my life. I've driven and still drive high power cars (up to 800rwhp jobbys). I'm big into the local rock scene so there's always been a biker scene around me. I took a lad from work to pick up his Fireblade and that was it... bikes were the next thing. I'm yet to plonk me hoop on a bike legally but I can't wait... Farmyard here we come!