Modified XJ6n

monkeyjim
This post is 3578 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all .

Other than the pics found in google images is anybody aware of images of modified XJ6n's ?

There is a blue and white one that i believe is in Fiat sponsor GP colours and the stunt concept bike with its garish colours and crash bars , other than that its all exhausts and well , nothing really to inspire me to do anything similar with mine . Yes, got some ideas, had a look at other models of bike but it is always worth a look at what others have done to the model of bike you own .

Basically.......mine is cloudy white, done over 32k , got cleaned of the winter muck by a valeter who told me he was using suitable solvents and promptly power washed off all the top shine from all fixings , fittings , brackets etc and some are going rusty now .

So in a nutshell ......its not worth a rub (dealer estimated value £1500 last year ) , it needs a freshen up , a repaint and some new stainless bits .

Was thinking about a differant shade of white , possibly adding blue decal in a modern toned down version of the black chequer decal you would find on a fizzy tank . May change colours of the silver plastics along with possibly adding colour to the matt black plastic bits , the forks need repainting and may change colour from the original silver , the wheels are fine but might change colour of those too. I quite like a form of crash bar but not as in ya face as the Renntec ones . There is a german company who make crash bars but cannot remember the name.......... it is a 2 word name . Other than the colour, the one off bars on the yamaha stunt bike are subtle as they look like part of the frame .........Just a thought .

I would love to change the seat , it is starting to show that it has had 13 stone me sitting on it for 4 years plus arent they so dull and featureless . Could put a seat cowl on it ( anyone got a cheap used genuine one of those? ........ Silly question ) or put a contoured seat on it , these are not cheap either . I believe some fz6 owners were mucking about with 2 piece seats from another bike but not 100% about that and there is a issue I think with filling the gap between the 2 seat sections .

Anyway , any sensible input welcomed on any of the above madness .

Cheers .

• 2 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello, I am new so sorry if this sounds like rubbish haha..

I have not seen many xj6ns that have been modified however they look like could be a good base for cosmetic parts to make them look more streetfighter ( what I intend to do to mine..when I get her on Saturday)

If you are asking is it worth doing.. well yes if it's something you like, just because you say bike is only worth £1500 does not mean it is worthless as a bike to you if you have had some good rides on it and have memories of anything then the price becomes irrelevant :)

do what ever you think will make the bike look better not what anyone else has done as peoples views are different.

Sorry if thiat sounds like rubbish but just what I think

Shaun

It does not sound rubbish .

Yes .......its trade in value is low but really the only reason to sell ( i am not )is because i feel like a change . If i buy a new bike whatever i buy will put on the same mileage as this one so i will be back to square one in another few years with a high mileage bike not worth a lot .

Really it does everything right, it owes me nothing , is a fantastic reliable bike so i see no point in selling and have nothing to loose by having a play with it cosmetically because it is looking a bit tired . I am not going to modify it mechanically , i do not see the point trying to make a lower powered bike fast , just go and buy a more powerful bike in the first place . Besides it is still a fast bike compared to a car isnt it .

Peoples views are differant . I respect that .

The bike will be the same , i will do what i want . It would be good to see some pics of modified ones but what ever i do it wont look like tat. .

Dave

yeah im with you with regards to power however I don't think the xj is slow, compared to a super bike then yeah maybe however it does have pace in my opinion (especially after coming from a 400)

sounds good, tat never looks good haha

Shaun

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Define fast......

I changed to a 250, I can get from a to b far quicker than my old 600 Suzuki.

I also remember an IAM instructor making a group of sports bike riders look like kids riding moped on a CB400 Super dream.

Hello. I recently got a running xj600s for a bargain £100. Previous owner hand painted the tank and bodywork with a hammerite paint and a brush, also partway through turning it into a streetfighter.

Now im a relative novice so have no right doing this but I have began turning it into a cafe racer.

I have so done the following:

Full paint strip and respray

Frame respray

Flat bars added (I was originally going to streetfighter rather than cafe)

Frame cut and ready for welding

New seat unit bought

Various other tweaks here and there.

My point being, the bike is transformed, almost finished and I have spent about £120. So u ask if its worth doing I say ABSOLUTELY :)

• 1 month later...

Here's mine after some tlc :)

image-10.jpg

The huger is ermax as I have the same, however when I last tyres to order a product off ermax they had stopped a lot of colour stock options :/

Here's mine after some tlc :)

image-10.jpg

The huger is ermax as I have the same, however when I last tyres to order a product off ermax they had stopped a lot of colour stock options :/

Im getting my exhaust custom made on tuesday i will upload pics when its fitted might even post a cheeky vid

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

had mine a few months now and love it. straight through full system made a massive difference and now get 140's when no ones looking ;-) they can bloody hear it though!

photo2_zps4807a92b.jpg

photo1_zps7b882433.jpg

photo3_zpsa4eeb80f.jpg

photo4_zps2dba2f6c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...