New XVS1300 Owner!

GazzyG
This post is 3951 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys.

Name's Gaz and I'm from Melton Mowbray. Have been riding a '98 Thundercat for the last coupla years, but the riding position is starting to get a bit too uncomfortable for my back.

So I went and chopped it in for an '07 XVS1300 Midnight Star in black that I'm picking up next week. My first cruiser-type bike and I can't wait, lol.

It's got short (and loud) Cobra exhausts and a sissy pad for the wife. Should be great fun and much better on the back.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the forum!!

Came to the right place for the Star bikes, chap. Good intro, too. We like!!

:wavey: hi Gaz. Welcome aboard!

:welcome:

hi and welcome, we wait some pics with your bike :D

Thanks lallasro! I shall certainly post some pictures when I go and pick the bike up :jossun:

Welcome to the forum!!

Came to the right place for the Star bikes, chap. Good intro, too. We like!!

Cheers Ttaskmaster! I think I'm going to enjoy this cruiser. I'm only a shortarse (5'6") and often have the wife on the back, so I think the low seat height of the Star will really help make it manageable (and thus more fun).

:wavey: hi Gaz. Welcome aboard!

Thanks Sacha!

:welcome:

Cheers obrien! Eclectic mix of bikes in your history, lol. A Kettle followed by a GPZ? I used to have a GPX750R. That old bus could fly!

Cheers Ttaskmaster! I think I'm going to enjoy this cruiser. I'm only a shortarse (5'6") and often have the wife on the back, so I think the low seat height of the Star will really help make it manageable (and thus more fun).

I find a lot of shorties aiming at Cruisers for that reason, although many forget that they still have to reach the controls!

However, you've got yours and are happy as, so either your controls are set properly and/or it just suits your style.

Either way, it's all good, so here's to a myriad miles of great riding for you both!! :beerchug:

Welcome, fan bike - am sure you'll enjoy it :)

Welcome, fan bike - am sure you'll enjoy it :)

Thanks Clarke!!

Ooooooo the Midnight Star....thats what Im gearing up to get (finances and mrs allowing :), cant wait for those pics mate...of course if ya wanna come down ta surrey and swap wive my xvs dragstar even more welcome :hah:

Cheers Remelad! I shall certainly post some pics up when I go get it!

Cheers obriens! Eclectic mix of bikes in your history, lol. A Kettle followed by a GPZ? I used to have a GPX750R. That old bus could fly!

The GPZ was the only bike I didn't seem to bond with. I was sad to see all the others go but never really missed the GPZ.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online