Aprilia rs50

CORRIEBOY
This post is 3945 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sell it and get a Yamaha one? :lol:

Nah, check the mechanism. Dunno about the Aprilia but my FJ has a float on an arm inside the tank, pretty much like a toilet cistern, so when that drops below a certain level it triggers the fuel light. Sometimes they can (somehow) get bent or just stuck, especially if there's crap in the tank.

Failing that, ignore the light and rely on the trip meter for an indication of fuel level. That's what most of us do, especially on bikes without fancy stuff like warning lights.

• Like 1

tried to buy a tzr 50 but pretty scarce now as i have always had yamaha,s You ever tried to tell a teenager anything have already told him about trip meter did not stop him running out of petrol miles from anywhere on sat :madflame:

He either watches the meter or he pushes it all the way home. He's a big boy now and must learn to deal with problems before they arise, or deal with the consequences. Scooters usually have space somewhere to fit a 2L bottle of emergency fuel or something too, so that's doubly prepared.

Of course, when he arrives home breathless and severely pissed that you wouldn't come bail him out of trouble, simply ask why he didn't phone for the recovery service included on his insurance policy... "What, you didn't know? Did you not read the details of your policy, then?" :D

It's harsh, perhaps, but that approach taught me well, from a very early age... and I'm sure my parents took great pleasure in it!! ;)

He either watches the meter or he pushes it all the way home. He's a big boy now and must learn to deal with problems before they arise, or deal with the consequences. Scooters usually have space somewhere to fit a 2L bottle of emergency fuel or something too, so that's doubly prepared.

Of course, when he arrives home breathless and severely pissed that you wouldn't come bail him out of trouble, simply ask why he didn't phone for the recovery service included on his insurance policy... "What, you didn't know? Did you not read the details of your policy, then?" :D

It's harsh, perhaps, but that approach taught me well, from a very early age... and I'm sure my parents took great pleasure in it!! ;)

true :)

Same principal. If he's big enough to ride it, he's big enough to push it.

I've only ever had one bike with a fuel guage or warning light. Having run out of fuel he should now know how far he can go before he needs some.

most bikes i have had had a reserve very handy and got you home or to a petrol station he has learnt a lesson i hope but would be good if some one knew what problem was as i would like to try fix it Cheers

jam a bit of duct tape over the light- problem solved! Only kidding i have no idea what to do, but thats a badass looking 50!

Maybe a problem with the float arm as Ttaskmaster suggested or failing that, a fault in the sender unit.

Ah, apologies. I assumed 50 meant 50cc scooter!

2L fuel bottle in rucksack, maybe? :)

Ignore float thingy - Looks to have some weird LED type electronic sensor thing.

The sensor is beneath the tank somewhere and may have shorted out or picked up a bit of rust. According to some owner sites, the sender on the sensor unit often goes up the duff on Aprilia bikes... and many Aprilia owners speak in some indecypherable language called TxtSpk, apparenty!!

Edit: Sender already mentioned while I was typing!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online