New guy with a DT

This post is 3948 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya guys my names Damon i'm 20 and i live in Shrewsbury in the UK. I've been floating around these forums for a while so I thought i'd introduce myself and show you all my bike :D I used to be on the DT forums but that seems to have disappeared now. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to engines as im more electrically minded so maybe expect a lot of stupid questions haha :eusa_shifty:

This is my '92 (K reg) DTR, had it for almost a year now, it started off in life as enduro and the fella that had it before me fully restored it in super-moto trim. Engine wise it's pretty much standard apart from the carbs been upjetted for the exhaust, Brembo brakes front & back with braided hoses (which are amazing on such a light bike), and renthal bars.

Before this i had a J reg DT in enduro trim which had the power-valve pinned open with a full DEP system and my god did that thing fly when you hit the band :o wheelied in 1st and 2nd and easily hit 85 :D in the end it blew up but it was so much fun whilst it lasted haha.

This is so much slower can barely get 70 (big straight with a bit of downhill) out of it and its very hard to wheelie, but i suppose thats the price i must pay for reliability haha (nothing gone wrong on it yet, touchwood :D) its quite boring on the fast roads from my house to town, with it being so good around the corners i can take them all flat out so easily :( but amazing fun on the country lanes :D

Only plans I have for it im gonna gut the tailpipe (so much oily crap has built up in there, and should help with power) and get some fresh yellow grips, these ones have faded a lot and covered in black from my oily hands haha :D

Anyway enough of me blabbering heres some picures:

IMG_20130629_204539_20130629215302567_20

IMG_20130629_204500.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Shrooz-bree, huh?

Great intro and one seriously clean looking bike. I am impressed!!

Welcome to the forum, Damon!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :spin2:

Greetings Damon, great intro and yeah the DTR looks good. yeak re-pack the silencer you will notice the difference but I wouldnt recommend that loose stuff, get the sheet packing :welcome:

is it seiki's forum thats vanished then?

Thanks for the advice, I should be doing it today. Yeah that's it i think, the name rings a bell anyway haha. Bit of a shame really there was a lot of useful information on there I could have done with that I haven't been able to find anywhere else! :(

Shrooz-bree, huh?

Great intro and one seriously clean looking bike. I am impressed!!

Welcome to the forum, Damon!

Yes - Shroozebree if you like haha. Better than Shrowsbury, what the more 'upmyownarse' folk round here like to call it :shakeno:

Ha ha, Shroozebreeeeeee... My new word of the week!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online