1980 Yamaha Mx Resurrection

ElijahLysmo
This post is 3945 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So i need a recommendation. I was walking in the forest around my house today and i found an old what I think is 1980 Yamaha Mx, everything is there but its right seized up. There was no spark plug in it, it was back there for at least 30 years. Do you think it would be worth it to try and resurrect it? Thanks, I'm a young adult looking for a project this summer.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Anythings possible,..............

First bring it home remove the engine, gearbox, exhaust, remove the seat, take off the wheels you should be left with a very rusty frame and seized swinging arm............... which (i can assure you) will be impossible to remove..

Get a new frame and swinging arm..........paint it/powder coat it,........

buy new wheels brake shoes, drums and tyres.

replace ALL wiring, and control cables

source a new seat and foam and base..........the old ones will have rotted away.

source another engine, gearbox and exhaust....remember nothing was salvageable on the found seized bike

and you should have a nice MX bike...........................

It reminds me of Trigger in Only falls and horses stating he's owned the same broom for 20 odd years.

But it looks brand new says del.

Well yeah says Trig..........its had 17 new heads and 14 new handles!!!!!!!!!!

Well actually the frame isnt that rsuted either are the shocks or the any outsides and the seat isnt even rotted lol, but the engine is is seized, u cant kick the starter, clutch works, carb isnt rusted all wires are rusted

Hell if you have the time and the want. Crack on. As to what will be a problem who knows.

Be prepared for some disasters. The motor will most likely be dead but the rest. Cant say. Your climate is different to ours. Everything rots, cars, politicians etc in the uk.

Tear it down and see what you got. Nothing to loose by trying.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online