Hi everyone, new guy, old bike (Thunderace)

This post is 3992 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, my name is Rich, 38, and I thought I would join the Yamaha world. I Have recently bought a Thunderace, and to be honest, the guy must have seen me coming !

It is not very well at all, rear shock had no oil in it, forks only compress about 60mm, temp gauge doesn't work, EX-UP valve seized, exhaust end can is held on with a jubilee clip that doesn't actually do anything !

On the plus side, it has only done 25,000 miles with every mot form new to back it up, and loads of service history. So the bike has now become a project now lol.

So I look forward to maybe meeting some of you, and lots of advice as I go though the project, thanks for reading.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the YOC Rich. :wavey:

Start a project thread if you feel like sharing. :)

Hi ritch,, them fork may be overfilled, or is there anti--dive on them,, antway good low milage project,,, :yeah::welcome:

Thanks for the welcome, I will start a project thread, but I will wait until I have more done :icon_smile:

Hi ritch,, them fork may be overfilled, or is there anti--dive on them,, antway good low milage project,,, :yeah::welcome:

I took it to a garage, and they said they mite have been over filled. What is anti-dive, is there a way of telling ? Thanks.

Yeh, they"l be an add on at the fork bottom . resiviore kinda thing ,,,

Yeh, they"l be an add on at the fork bottom . resiviore kinda thing ,,,

No I dont think there is anything on the bottom, so could be over filled or what I was worried about, bent !

Hello all, my name is Rich, 38, and I thought I would join the Yamaha world. I Have recently bought a Thunderace, and to be honest, the guy must have seen me coming !

It is not very well at all, rear shock had no oil in it, forks only compress about 60mm, temp gauge doesn't work, EX-UP valve seized, exhaust end can is held on with a jubilee clip that doesn't actually do anything !

On the plus side, it has only done 25,000 miles with every mot form new to back it up, and loads of service history. So the bike has now become a project now lol.

So I look forward to maybe meeting some of you, and lots of advice as I go though the project, thanks for reading.

welcome rich! it must have had a hard life since its last service

welcome rich! it must have had a hard life since its last service

Hi, yes tell me about it, it doesn't make a lot of sence really. It has 3 months mot left, so how did it even pass an mot 9 months ago ? All the paper work ends at 24,000, so the last 1000 miles seems to have been the hardest 1000 miles of any bikes life :eusa_think: