RANT - Workshop questions in the bar.

DirtyDT
This post is 3255 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Good thread, but I'm going to completely ignore it with a technical question. I like to carry my spanner on the bike .... Where should I put it? :P

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Look like I'm guilty of posting a tech question in the bar! Scrolled down the forum page but couldn't see the workshop sub-forum, found several tech posts in the bar so added another one.

I have moved it. I think this post would have been better if you had asked for it to be moved. Lets hope I don't start hitting that "Remove" button.

Im with DDT on this i use the forum and moderate entirely by phone. Pictures etc. The mobile site if anything is faster and more concise.

As to posting in the wrong section. Just above the start topic button it shows what part your in. Just tap the yamaha owners tag at the top and scroll to whatever your flavour may be.

If thats too tricky, the big white light on the bike is the front the red one is at the back.... :)

Cheers Jason. Mistakes will happen.

Good thread, but I'm going to completely ignore it with a technical question. I like to carry my spanner on the bike .... Where should I put it? :P

On my bike, the spanner goes on the seat.

• Like 1

hi, on my yam rd350 i have a little bit of free play on the front wheel , should i replace the bearings or tighten the bastard up a little bit :tounge:

• Like 3

First thing I do when I log in is click on the New Posts and trawl (or is that troll?) through all of those.

I occasionally look to see if I have new PMs.

i have mistakenly done this too before, i got a bit comfused thow - the bar is for general motorcycle chat, but the workshop is "yamaha workshop" havign a few bikes, where do you post if you want workshop advice on a non yamaha bike?

Post it in the workshop. A bike, is a bike, is a bike as they say. Oily bits in the workshop please and no overalls or feet on the seats in the bar.

• 1 year later...

Given the growing quantity of workshop questions appearing in the Bar section, I thought I would bump this thread as a reminder.

• Like 2

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online