XJ6 Diversion F exhaust too quiet - what can I do?

TonyTheTiger21
This post is 3990 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I have the bike listed above which has the exhaust underneath the bike instead of on the side, but to me it sounds too quiet and a little bit boring!

I want to know what I can do to the bike to give it a little bit of growl and louder than my hoover (which is quiet)!

I have to bear in mind that it has a throttle restriction to 33bhp, which also includes a restriction in the exhaust too I believe?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh no. Leave it.

I got far more hassle on noisy bikes. Stay stealthy and let the law nick the power rangers while we blast about in the shadows.

• Like 1

I'm assuming you owned a 125 before this bike (based on your 33bhp restriction statement). Just keep telling yourself that it sounds better then that! :eusa_dance:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no. Leave it.

I got far more hassle on noisy bikes. Stay stealthy and let the law nick the power rangers while we blast about in the shadows.

Yer good point but.....If your on a sports bike The Police are forever pulling you up if you have a loud can on...But I was at some traffic lights somewhere a few years ago....I cant remember where..... and three Harley's pulled up....Man those V-twins...LOUD..made my Competition Quill sound quite....(naughty been on the road with it I know) :spin2::spin2: ...... But why don't Harley's ever get stopped for loud cans???????

I had a Harley and it was one of the loudest I ever heard out of thousands of Harleys I'd come across during the time I owned it. It was just too loud and I had ringing ears even when I only went down the road on it. I'm loving my XJ6 and the Scorpion exhaust - just enough of a rumble to keep me happy and my hearing in tact. Loud isn't everything, trust me!

I never once got stopped for my Harley being too noisy, even when I passed police cars and sat next to them at traffic lights etc. My exhausts were even marked as not road legal, but no one batted an eyelid. Maybe the cops perceive Harleys to be slow, lumbering old machines (lumbering yes, slow is not always the case), whereas I reckon people have this perception, and they stereotype sports bike riders as nutcases dressed like Power Rangers that have no regard for anything or anyone, and their only interest is to go everywhere as quickly and dangerously as possible. So clearly if your exhausts are loud then you're an exhibitionist and thus you must be one of these sports bike idiots lol :shakeno:

But as we know, we are not all the same. But as bikers, we are all frowned upon by non-bikers :)

re; 'even when I passed police cars and sat next to them at traffic lights etc. My exhausts were even marked as not road legal, but no one batted an eyelid. Maybe the cops perceive Harleys to be slow, lumbering old machines (lumbering yes, slow is not always the case), whereas I reckon people have this perception, and they stereotype sports bike riders as nutcases dressed like Power Rangers that have no regard for anything or anyone, and their only interest is to go everywhere as quickly and dangerously as possible. So clearly if your exhausts are loud then you're an exhibitionist and thus you must be one of these sports bike idiots'

There's definitely something in that

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online