wtf battery install

hawichaway
This post is 4037 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

anyone ever use HIMURA batteries? im trying to put one in my cs5 but i cant figure out how to fasten the cables to the battery. it came with two nuts and bolts that in no way shape or form attach to the posts. is there some kind of trick here?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do the posts look like a cube with a holes in the side? If so then I think the nut fitts into the hole from the top and the screw, screws through one of the side holes and traps the wire to the side of the square post, the nut is prevented from turning because it gets held in place by the shape of the hole.

the posts have got a t shaped hole from front to back and a round hole on top. i thought maybe the nuts inserted into the t shaped hole but the nuts were way to big. i used a little pressure and just tapped the top holes with the screws. hopefully that will work long term. might have been the wrong hardware.?

Never heard of this brand.

The terminals are normally a hollow cube with holes in the side and top. The nut fits in the cube (to make it captive) and the bolt is then thread through the power lead and tightened into captive nut.

Some different brands have the "cubes" loose and the cubes need to be fitted first.

Are you confident you have brought the correct battery?

A picture would make a difference.

A battery I fitted recently had the battery bolts a fraction too short to engage the captive nuts and I had to pack the nuts underneath with a little plastic.

A battery I fitted recently had the battery bolts a fraction too short to engage the captive nuts and I had to pack the nuts underneath with a little plastic.

yeah thats a common problem isnt it, i cut a small piece of that fishtank airline tube for this packing too

Ha ha. I don't keep fish. I would rather see a fish battered, keeping a portion of chips and a wally (or 2) company.

It is a right PITA when you drop the battery into a battery box before you can connect the bolts only to find that they need an extra 2mm. A piece of cable sleeving works for me.

only ever found that the battery bolts are too short when ive added a load of other spade connectors to the post (such as heated grips, optimate e.t.c).

definately need some pics here bud...

">http://IMG_20130414_202026_144_zps957c2c4d.jpg

">http://IMG_20130414_202128_917_zps23833b63.jpg

so one pic is the view from the side and the other is from front to back. i assumed the nut would slide in there an the bolt would come in from the top like i have it. the nut was way to big though. probably like 3/32 too big.

You need a nut in the slot in the second picture.

Either cut or grind a small amount of the bolt. Put a nut on the bolt first so when you unwind it, it cleans out the thread. Or you could pack the top with a couple of washers.

Ah, i see whats happened here...

when you bought the battery it should have come with a fitting kit which had two bolts and two nuts, the nuts slide into the slot in the battery post (the one in your second picture) and the bolt goes through the top like you have done, except they screw into the nut instead of into the post itself

I could draw a picture, but according to DirtyDT my drawings are poo :icon_sad:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online