yamaha dt oil sump bolt

ahaywood93
This post is 4063 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

after looking for my oil drain bolt i have noticed were it should of been and the hole is filled up with this black compound (im guessing they threaded it) the idiots, i was wondering if there is another way to drain my oil without removing the engine and tipping it upside down :( any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

It may be possible to remove the clutch cover and lean the bike over to pour the oil out, but it will be messy and you cannot be sure that all the oil has drained out. The oil that would be left behind will most likley be in the dirtiest condition, Obvious I know, I would find a way of fixing the sump plug somehow,

Go the other side and take out the Neutral switch, next to the front sprocket, that will drain out the oil if needs be.

after looking for my oil drain bolt i have noticed were it should of been and the hole is filled up with this black compound (im guessing they threaded it) the idiots, i was wondering if there is another way to drain my oil without removing the engine and tipping it upside down :( any ideas?

why not drill and tap the filler (if it is strong enough) ?? else if things don't look to bad down there and there is plenty of ally left why not helicoil the drain plug ?

if you go for a helicoil it may be a good idea to use a skilled machinist .... to save an engine strip

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online