1970 Yamaha AT1-B Project

dave62
This post is 4071 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Heres my next long term project :eusa_think: Considering its 43 years old its in very good condition, its a non runner so will need plenty of tlc to get going but for now im sorting out the paper work ect in order to get it registered (age related) :eusa_doh:

P1000652_zps20ffd2d8.jpgP1000651_zpsb38ca940.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Looks great dave" nice chrome, you"l need to M.O.T. it on frame number, then insure it, then all forms including [ import tax paid slip]

D.v.l.a are about to change all this in April, :eusa_doh:

WOW it's in such good shape,too bad the tank badges are missing that will be a rare find

Thanks guys, Im very pleased with it, its only showing 4500mls and has been in a very kind climate somewhere in the U.S. as theres no significant rust or damaged chrome. Would have looked a bit different if it had had 43 English winters I think!

I'm in the process of getting the age cert from the vjmcc and have spoken to my mot guy but I have to get it running before he will test it. (lights and horn work independant of engine running so i thought i might get away with a dead engine, but no)

The electric start only turns the engine over very slowly when the plugs out (wont over come compression with plug in) and the kick start has issues as well, suspect the return spring lug may have broken off in the crank case? so plenty to sort out before mot.

I've read some bits about the DVLA changes but not sure how i will be affected, I have the C&E 386 doc and will sort out the rest but would welcome any info regarding the DVLA changes. :thumb:

As I start getting more into it I'll try and document it in the "Projects" section. Oh and if any ones got any tank badges they want to part with.......Thanks in advance....Dave :wavey: .

Well done Dave , i like the old DT stuff. heres a link for the repo tank badges .

http://www.mikesxs.net/products-12.html#products

and if you need any sheathing you can find it here.

http://www.vintageconnections.com/

Regards registering the bike its fairly easy if there is a dvlc inspection office near by though you will need a dating certyificate

from Yamaha or VJMC , an mot against the frame mumber , insurance again on the frame number a few days before you send

the paperwork over or go to the DVLA offices.

Hope it helps.

TTB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online