Just Bought a DT175MX So Thought I'd Better Join The Forum

RickGM
This post is 4079 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone. Pretty much as the title says. I had one of these as a field bike some 30+ years ago and after watching a few Youtube vids decided it was time to get another one ! My normal ride is sports bikes + a Buell Lightning but so far having done about a tank full of short trips I'm loving the DT. What potholes in the road?

I believe it's a 1980 model first registered in the UK in 2011 and judging by the number plate Redrose have been involved at some point.

My first run out was a bit of a mare - the bike stopped after a mile, started after 2 or 3 kicks, then stopped 1/2 a mile later and that routine continued until I got home. I suspected fuel starvation (from how it just died but then started after 10 seconds) and sure enough after stripping the fuel tap and giving it a good clean, all is well. Not being much of a mechanic I was well chuffed to have sorted it - beginners luck maybe.

I've already got a couple of question so I'll post them elsewhere in the next day or so. Cheers, Rick.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome rick" :wavey: yeh canna beat the dt"s eh, Dave at redrose is a Dt fanatic, so if its been thru his hands it will be a good un :yeah:

Here we go with a pickie. Tried to post an image from Google Drive, Dropbox, Sky Drive and finally one that worked after reading FAQ's - Image shack!

imag0187a.jpg

Greetings Rick, the sportsbikes and Buell are getting the cold shoulder now eh :D

:welcome:

ohhh :photo2: ?

Well for now anyway !

Welcome rick" :wavey: yeh canna beat the dt"s eh, Dave at redrose is a Dt fanatic, so if its been thru his hands it will be a good un :yeah:

I hope it is !

Very nice! :thumb:

Oh, and welcome aboard!

Hi ya Rick,looks a clean bike.

Thats a stunner" whats the brick for " i never got 1 o" them with mine, :babyha: stand too short , or its been lifted. :eusa_think:

Very nice Rick, yeah it's been jacked up both front and back ;)

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

Yes it's been jacked front and back hence the block of wood which was to level it up a bit for a pickie. The stand is too short although it does still hold it up but boy does it lean. That's on my list of jobs to do - remove the jack up kit. I'm 5'8" and getting on the bike is not that easy. I think the only problem I'm gonna have is finding an original bump stop on the rear shocker. According to the instructions for installing the kit, the bump stop has to be cut down so presumably it has been. Also the extensions will have been locktited (?) so not sure how easy they'll be to get off. It'll test my limited mechanicing skills but I like a challenge. Just don't want the bike to be down for too long ! A summer job I reckon.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online