DON'T BUY SUZUKI AS THEY CAN'T BE TRUSTED!

clarke
This post is 4041 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I agree car dealers are dodgy bastards I hope bike dealers don't end up like them but to be fair I will always by my bike's from private sellers unless a friend can recommend/or knows person running the shop.

As for back tracking on the warranty it prob has more to do with the fact that Suzuki are feeling the pinch and need to cut back on some costs

Ken

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'll probably buy my next bike from Colin Appleyard (Keighley) as they sell Yamaha and Kawasaki alongside Suzukis - they've always given me good service and decent deals when buying.

I've yet to find a decent car dealership - the last one I used weren't that great so I won't go back.

A few years ago I walked into Scotbike in Glasgow with money burning a hole in my pocket. I went to the bike I wanted and started looking over it and generally putting out the vibes that any bike salesman should have seen easily. There were 3 salesmen mobbing a blonde bimbo, looking over a Ducati, about 10' from me so I could hear them fawning over her. I stood around for about 15 minutes, having attracted their attention 5 mins earlier, and when I heard her say "so if I pass my test, could I "drive" this, I had had enough. As I walked out the door my mate tells them "that blokes just walking away with £6k in his pocket". The 3 fuckers came running after me and I had great pleasure in telling them to fuck off.

I then travelled about 1 mile along the road to Scotstoun Superbikes, a smallish shop run by a guy called David Petrie, where I was offered a cup of tea (in an old fashioned mug, not a paper cup) and we discussed the pros and cons of buying a bike. With as little pressure as possible he got himself a sale.

Aye Jimmy thats the kinda dealer i like , I buy my cars from a SEAT dealer, they are some way from me but service is brilliant, A family run garage, nothing to much trouble, went to a local Pug dealer one day when i was thinking of changing the car , slimey little snide git in suit comes out all sales pitch talking to me like i was thick and knew nothing, orrible cup of coffee from coffee machine, said thanks very much , walked back into Seat garage, kettle on , mug of tea, what do you fancy then, oh we have one of them out there , I am busy there,s the trade plates and keys go try it , he sold a new car that day, the pug dealer lost out and will not be recommended

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Jimmy & Mervin,

It's funny when I read your posts because it sounds just like the kind of place that I work. Family owned business, no pressure allowed nor given etc etc etc.

But alas you do get people who obviously know much better than me that all dealers are thieving bastards. Kinda sweeping statement eh? Obviously they have been to every one in the land.

I wonder what they do for a living? They clearly are better people than me and every other person who works in the car/bike trade by the the sound of it. Must be Godlike!

This kind of ignorance really fucks me off.

Davie