Rescuing a DT 125 LC

Torkorp
This post is 4071 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well I thought you could use the DTMX one like I said...but....

my link to the correct bushes at 22 Euro?

Yes, thanks - It was the DT175/125MX that you pointed out I got the measures of. I should have made that clear. The 22 euro was for one collar( sleeve) and I came better off with a full kit including both bushings, spacers and dirt seals from the other vendor. The other, Danish company you linked to was very helpful, but couldn't provide the part.

Finished the swing arm today. I used a nut and bolt to fit the new vinyl bushings. img0804ee.jpg The bushings from the MX wasn`t quite long enough, so I split a third bushing to fit. I made sure that the grease nipples didn`t get closed off. The result: img0807hi.jpg

Swing arm ready to mount:img0808an.jpg And fit: img0809ch.jpg

Front end mounted. img0810gaj.jpg

I also finished the wiring and after a short hour of troubleshooting, all lights and even the horn seems to work OK. Changed front brake light switch and fitted a new ignition switch.

Adjusted and bleeded the oil pump. It was disengaged by the former owner, but I couldn't find anything wrong with it when I had the engine apart. After adjusting the stroke and fitting a clear oil line, everything works fine. It pumps oil in small increments, just as it should.img0787v.jpg

Brakes adjusted, new chain tensioner block fitted. Fuel tank and plastics mounted. I use new nuts and bolt everywhere.

I`m not finished with the seat yeat. I bought a seat cover from ebay, but I don`t have strong enough staple tools to attach the cover to the seat frame.

img0811pa.jpg

Very nice!! :thumb:

Looks great.... :headbang: that vinyl job look as good as new in fact the whole bike looks new,now to get it dirty havin fun

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A test drive on a field with my oldest son. Its about 0 degrees celsius and the engine runs way too lean with original 80 main jet. I have now changed to 90 jet and shes almost spot on.

Well done torkorp" sounds great ,, good workout on that hard bumps,,, :yeah:

We have rescued the same bike. You in Norway, I in the Netherlands. I saw your video on Youtube and allthough it is hard to compare, I think yours sounds more powerfull. Maybe because of the 90-jet.

Your bike looks very well.

Here you can see my DT (and myselve) in action, during one of the meeting we have with the Dutch Yamaha DT-club.

It is even more than that. If driving one DT is making fun, driving 5 DT's is given 5 times more fun. We have about 3 to 4 meetings a year, starting this year on the 21st of april at a two-stroke-meeting.

Not only driving is making fun, also the conversations with the owners inbetween the rides. All of them do have a special relationship with the DT. Some are personalizing the DT completly, others restore the bike into showroomconditions.

The picture was made at the last meeting of last year, in Bilstain Belgium.

IMG_5594.jpg