stator wires

rosa
This post is 4111 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

what are the diferent wires on the stator for. On my bike one goes to the ignition coil, and the other 3 I dont know.

I know one also charges the baterry, but that leaves 2 that I can´t figure out what they do.

i have an RS100

thanks

RoSa

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

On my RD there are 3 white wires that go to the Reg/Rec and charge the battery. What colour are yours?

It'll be a lot simpler than your 3 phase one preload

Ok I'll remember for the future.

the headlight only works when the engine is running, and so does the tail light.

i have a

black/white

green

yellow

green/red

the turn signals, break light and horn work with the battery.

no regulator only a rectifier before the battery.

i am trying to find out if I have the right wires going to the right places, because my baterry is not charging more than 4volts, and its a 6 volt.

WiringRS1251977onwards_zpsa4925031.jpg

here is the diagram from the haynes manual.

i cant understand the switch possitions. Is I, II, III ignition, low beams, high beams respectively?

My bike has only on and off with the key. Also mine only has speedometer, no tachometer.

Thanks

Most bikes of that era had I run II run+lights III parking lights(tail only) reading the schematic that looks to be the case, high and low are controled by the bar switch 6c.

I cant read the legend can you make it bigger?

Also it looks like the rectifier is only employed during lamp use and run posibly dirty /weak conection in the switch not alowing full votage from the charging. Have you checked the ohm resistance of the charging system?

You have all the info you need.......make a few copies and get some tip-ex, snow paint out the stuff thats not needed.

G/R is the only one I cant figure out. Mainly because my bike only has off or on, and not the other 2 positions.

B/W goes to the spark, unless its off when it is grounded.

Y goes to front and tail light on possition II, which is possition I with lights on on mine

G to battery

Sb is for the Neutral Switch

Am I correct on the other 4?

Thanks

Looking at the diagram it looks like G (Green) and G/R (Green/Red) both go up to the ignition switch and come out as W (White) which then go to the rectifier to charge the battery. Position 1 on the switch is normal daytime running, position 2 is for running with lights on and position 3 is for parking light. In position 1 Green and White are connected for daytime charging and in position 2 Green/Red and White are connected for Night time charging. You can check the rectifier with a digital multimeter by setting to the resistance or Diode setting, disconnect the White and Red wires to the rectifier and put the Red probe on one terminal and the Black probe on the other terminal. Now swap the probes over. You should get continuity one way but not the other if it is OK.

Sounds like you have the wrong Ign. switch. Tone gave you the layout now all you need to do is hook it up that way with the right switch.

Turns out the Rs100 sold here has a two position ignition switch, and the light switch interconnects the two stator wires to the battery.

I am in Chile, and I asked an old mechanic who guided me a bit. I changed the light switch and it fixed the problem.

What a nice bike. There use to be many of these here, and they have been slowly phased out by cheap Chinese versions that last 5 years. I constantly get comments from previous owner saying they never should have sold theirs.

Thanks for your help.

Nice to hear you got it sorted out frustrating when working with the wrong wireing diagram.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online