My 1992 TZR125 Belgarda DT125R Hybrid custom project

NEV
This post is 3697 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did a bit more on the bike yesterday, all the bits and bobs are back from powdercoating now, so I thought I'd start adding more stuff to the bike. The weathers been bloody awful here, windy as fook and showers every half hour, but slowly starting to get empty parts boxes, main mission this week is to get the engine started I reckon.
Sprayed up the forks last week, am happy with the Red and Graphite Grey metallic, I think I'll definately do the wheels a bit darker and make them Graphite Grey too.

img0902ap.jpg

img0903a.jpg

Got recovered seat back from the upholsterer, he's done a top job as usual, I usually buy a cover from Philippe in Portugal, and he fits it, but this time he used his own Red vinyl seat covering, and did the Grey 'YAMAHA' cut out for me, he's even added me a strap, that I never even asked him for, well chuffed.

img0904am.jpg

img0907ai.jpg

Looking good that Nev. At first glance that red did look Pink to me but now ive have a cuppa tea and actually woken up i can see its red :D

I know what your saying about the weather, its been shit down here too. have you not got a garage or a kitchen you can chuck her in?

Cheers Noise, aye the 89 DT's actually had a pink seat and pink shock, not really for me that, as for a garage I've got a 20 x 10 man den, but that's cluttered with bikes and stuff, and working in the kitchen, that would get me deaf and dumb sandwiches for a fortnight that would.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't worry. Got my 4DL so it's obvious. Chuffed I can bang a kicker on it. One day the starter will go so it's nice to have a back up.

Any updates on this nev?

• 5 months later...

My engine it pretty much rebuilt now. Just waiting for some porting work done to the cylinder and then this bad boi will be going in.

Haven't heard anything for a long time NEV. Give us a little shout to let us know you're still alive and kicking?

• 5 weeks later...

Sawted!!! yep you can put a TZR4dl Belgarda engine in a DTR frame, engine kicked up after about 5 kicks, sounds nice with the full DEP system and the Malossi air filter, running a 4mm oversize Wossner piston, 38mm Keihin carb, stage 3 ported and gas flowed, just need to sort out wiring to get the electric start working next, then sort some brembo braking out, getting there, slowly but surely.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a tool box Cal, I pinched off a Rieju SMX I had, they have them on as standard.

• 4 weeks later...

Aye Cal, I tried putting the proper tank on a couple of weeks ago, but came across a problem, the tank tap needs re-rooting I reckon, as the carb sits in the way of it, my old man died last week, so it's been a bit daft here, till the funeral on Monday, I'll see how things go in a week or so, at least the weathers getting better to work on the bike.

Cheers Paul. Paddies night too, afterwards, gonna be a weird day is Monday.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online