i need your help guys, my bike wont start (at all)

JonnyD
This post is 4141 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys, first of all hope your all having a good christmas, but more to the point my Yamaha TZR 50 03 plate will not start at all, it had the same problemb a couple days ago it cut out and wouldnt start so i checked the voltage and everything was as it should be, then i bumped it and it worked, the next day i was riding back from work and it stalled on me as i was taking a turn, so i tried to bump it again and noting, checked the tank it was empty, so i filled up and left it over night in my shed, then morning came and absolutly nothing, i know the starter motor is gone so no electric start but it still should bump but no luck.

recently fitted:

New Spark Plug

New HT and Coil

New Battery

Hope someone can help :/

thanks, Jonny

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

may take a whilke for the fule to make it through the system..

you could try turning the fule tap off then blowing the fule thats in the fule pipe in to the carb. re attatch it to the tap and turn it back on..

hope thats all it is.

but you may need to clean the carb too.
if there was no filter on the tap then it could have had crap from the bottom of the tank go in to the fule line and carb.

i had a look at it earlier and when i bumped it, it made like a loud bubbleing noise, and i had a feel underneath, the air tube wasnt connected so i put it back in place tried again, still not starting but its quieter...

first check you have spark,if you can turn the motor over by putting it in 5thgear and rotate the rear wheel. If you have spark put a tea spoon of gas in the cylinder

first check you have spark,if you can turn the motor over by putting it in 5thgear and rotate the rear wheel. If you have spark put a tea spoon of gas in the cylinder

i shal go try this :) ill let you know :)

Checked the spark plug against the frame, sparks fine, coil is fine, relay is fine, petrols getting through so the carb and fuels fine oils fine, I don't understand what's up guys but I'm beginig to think it's the cdi?

new plug (or the old one, seeing as it ran with it before), place about 10ccs' of fuel into the cylinder (use a syringe if you have one) and then give it a good long bumpstart, preferably with a mate pushing you down a lng hill on the bike with it in second gear, if it has fuel and spark, the onyl thing that could possibly be letting it down is compression

This thread is like a Christmas quiz.....................................guess the fault with limited clues, a bit like "guess who".

My turn......................................................................

Is the plug (I don't know if it is the old one or not) wet with petrol when you push the bike?

Take the plug out and leave it out overnight. In the morning drop a little (tablespoon) of 2 stroke oil into the bore. Push the bike around a little with the plug still out. Then get a tablespoon of fresh fuel and pour this into the bore. Fit the sparkplug and HT lead and try again.

Obviously clean and re gap the plug while the bike is just sitting there. Also check the wiring around the headstock to see if any of the wires look frayed and check the fuse(s).

When you go to bump it make sure that the ignition is on, the kill switch is in the correct position, choke on and the sidestand is up. If you can get someone to push you while you are on the bike, get it into 2nd or 3rd gear and try and pump the clutch in and out while you are being pushed.

I am guessing that the lights come on when you turn the ignition on?

Take the plug out and leave it out overnight. In the morning drop a little (tablespoon) of 2 stroke oil into the bore. Push the bike around a little with the plug still out. Then get a tablespoon of fresh fuel and pour this into the bore. Fit the sparkplug and HT lead and try again.

Obviously clean and re gap the plug while the bike is just sitting there. Also check the wiring around the headstock to see if any of the wires look frayed and check the fuse(s).

When you go to bump it make sure that the ignition is on, the kill switch is in the correct position, choke on and the sidestand is up. If you can get someone to push you while you are on the bike, get it into 2nd or 3rd gear and try and pump the clutch in and out while you are being pushed.

I am guessing that the lights come on when you turn the ignition on?

ill try this tomorrow then :) and no the light come one when engine is firing, sure hope this works mate :)

Engine start might fail from 2 reasons: Missing spark or missing fuel.

According to what I read here, you might have them both. If you see that plug is sending a spark, return it to the cylinder and try to start the engine with push

or find some hill where you can go down at least 200 meters with 25-30 km/h. It should pull the fuel to system and start.

Iv narrowed it all down to an electrical problem, it's a new battery fully charged and works fully, brand new spark plug getting a solid spark, brand new coil and ht lead so it just falls down to the cdi or the rectifier :/ I was hoping it would be somthing cheap :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online