Oil... from where?

shambles1980
This post is 4164 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok so i was able to get up to the house again today, and had some time to tinker with the bike. "rxs 100"

i put a inline fule filter on there and adjusted the carb as best i could so it idles at about 1.3 "seemed to do that just fine and i left it just ticking over for a good 30 mins as i did other stuff"

as its sorn I couldnt take it for a proper test. and i still havent re built the engine any way, All i have done so far is put on a new head. (using the old gasket. seems to be sealing well though)

Any way. i have a prety long garden "not wide but long" so i took it up and down the garden a few times. "managed to get 10MPH! " obviously never managed to get in to 2nd..

but i noticed. It seems to be blowing out a lot of smoke where the exhaust connects to the down pipe..

It also seems to be dripping lots of black horrible oil from the same place..

I decided to check the baffle and that too was cover with black oil.

Im assuming that this is an engine seal/gasket some where that needs replacing.
but im wondering if it could just be because i have 2stroke oil in the fule. And the 2 stroke oil pump is pumping more in there,.

just never seen oil come from there.

i have tried playing with the carb to get it running leaner, but at the moment its as good as i can get it using trial and error.

dont know when i will have the time to strip down and rebuild it. but it is on the cards sometime during the winter months,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thats the kind of thing fixed with a good thrash to clear all the oily shit that will be in the motor gubbins.

If a 2 stroke doesent get properly hot the oil never clears the cases and you end up with slimey carbon oily crap everywhere.

Thats the kind of thing fixed with a good thrash to clear all the oily shit that will be in the motor gubbins.

If a 2 stroke doesent get properly hot the oil never clears the cases and you end up with slimey carbon oily crap everywhere.

True............................ It needs a darn good thrashing. But it shouldn't be leaking there so check for a leak, pinch up the header/exhaust connector.

well id love to take it for a thrashing. but SORN, and a garden where i can manage 10MPH in 1st isnt going to do it lol.

il see about sealing the exhaust up better.

I fully understand. When I was working on the TS I rode it around the garden once which was it's first ride since 1995. The first real ride was 12 miles to to MOT station a couple of days later.

Yes but when you do the rebuild you will replace the offendong gaskets as a matter of coursr anyway.......

Aye shambles , am at the same stage as you , i have all bearings ans seals ready to rebuild the TS250 ,

How are you gonna split the cases, you need a jig, and also to plull the crank back into the case, after new bearings fitted,

I"v just put new crankshaft into the 750 triple, there so simple , being horizontaly split,

Aye shambles , am at the same stage as you , i have all bearings ans seals ready to rebuild the TS250 ,

How are you gonna split the cases, you need a jig, and also to plull the crank back into the case, after new bearings fitted,

I"v just put new crankshaft into the 750 triple, there so simple , being horizontaly split,

Use a couple of threaded rods (6mm for the TS) of fleabay and a couple of old metal bars cut from a roof rack.

ccf1f954f0572a828cf207e4f56b4b54.jpg

i was going for brute force lube and ignorance ...

but a jig sounds like a good idea lol.

Are we still talking about engines.... :?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online